Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
This is the Cingino Dam in Italy.

attachment.php

But, look more closely.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

They are European Ibex and will do almost anything to get to the mosses, plants and salt on the dam walls. It's amazing the abilities some animals have.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
:eek: :eek::eek:

That is crazy! I'd love to have seen a video of them trying to get off the dam wall... wouldn't want to miss jumping on to a stone!

Reaction score
Much more hardy than our animals!

They much prefer just to wait to get fed & know this will happen!!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes I am not surprised at their capabilities. Have you not heard the old saying:

"As sure footed as a mountain goat" This is it! In pitures.

I would like to share something here that I researched when I was in my early teens. My father had gifted me a 10 volume children's encyclopedia when I turned 10 and I used it till I was almost an adult. In the bookshelf my father had various books and one of them was an illustrative book of Astrology, I used to read that as I found it to be very interesting. The sun sign of Capricorn had some faboulous photos of the mountain goats as the mountain goat was the symbol of Capricorn. The text that was associated with the sign described the Capricorn personality with the phrase "as sure footed as a mountain goat" and that is when I decided to go to my encyclopedia and look up the mountain goat and saw beautiful pictures in it which were unbelievable.

So yes the pictures that you have posted are great and depicts the character of these beautiful animals.

Sorry for my long rant but after looking at the pictures you posted I could not help but get transported almost 40 years back. :)

Ask a Question