Excel a challenge to update excel file from Outlook 2007

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a challenging job that is:

In outlook 2007;

1. I want to check every email that comes to my Inbox where there are special characters in the subject and move them to CC Folder. (and this is don by creating a rule to move the message to CC folder).
2. The email that is now in CC folder contains lets say arguments in the subject, where I would like to write those arguments in an Excel 2007 file. How can I do this? So each time when I receive a similar email it should go and open the excel file to update the fields and then close it? (I know this can be done with Micros but I don't know how) ANY IDEA GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Example:
I have created a rule in outlook to check every new email where my name is in the CC filed, it should directly move the message to the CC folder. Now I need to check the subject of the email, if it contains the following string format e.x "TE, p1, ss23", it has to open TE.xls file and update a2 with p1 from the subject and ss23 in b2 filed. and next time it has to update the third row and so on.

your help guys is highly appreciated.

Ask a Question