A Bit Confused

Reaction score
I have two questions regarding my database which may be simple or may be a bit complicated, I'm not really sure so here goes...

Problem number one:

I have two lookup fields in one of my tables, related to two other separate tables. The tables are as follows:

Client Companies
Client Contacts
Tenders

Client Companies contains all of the information related to each company I deal with, phone number, address etc.

Client contacts contains information on specific people who work at said client companies, direct dial, e mail address etc. Client contacts contains a look up where I can select which company a specific contact works for from my Client Companies table.

Tenders contains a list of tenders which I have done or have to do for client companies, including which client contact is dealing with them at the other end. I have to set it up like this as I may be tendering the same project for more than one client company so I have two look ups here, one for client company and one for client contact.

What I would like to do here is pick a client company in my first lookup and then have the second lookup for client contact restricted to those contacts who only have the selected company in the lookup field on the client contact table. Does this make sens so far?

Problem number 2:

Moving on from the first problem, the lookups I use show me multiple columns from the client company and client contact tables, but only store one value in the table the lookup is in.

For Example, in the Tenders table, when I look up client contact I can see the Company, Position, Title, Last Name and First Name of the contacts when I pick one. When I make a form to display this information it only shows me one of those values. How can I make the form display all of the values shown in my lookup?

Thanks

Ask a Question