6TB when did that happen

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
my total needs, games, pics, OS, are on half of a 250GB SSD. :)

Reaction score
Yeah mine too tbh.
Well the Pics and vid clips of my son are backed up on a 32gig pendrive

Rest of my stuff spread over multiple drives in this PC and others
However I didn't even realise the made a singular 6TB drive yet
If I had 4 of those in a NAS and they failed I would be completely devastated

Even 4TB is more than enough for one drive imho
6TB is asking for trouble

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
On my media machine I have films and music on a 3Tb HDD. I have a 2nd 3Tb HDD purely as backup to the primary disk, too much stuff on there to risk losing.

That 3Tb is now full :eek:

So I'm currently considering a couple of 4Tb HDD's to replace the pair of 3Tb's.

The 3Tb HDD's will then replace the pair of 2Tb disks used for games and backup in my main machine which are both getting full and showing red within Windows' 'My Computer'.

Currently have about 500Gb films offloaded to external HDD temporarily to make room, am seriously thinking about deleting some of films I don't expect to ever watch again to make some room.

CPC currently have 7200rpm HDD's on offer for £111 inc VAT but I don't know the make or warranty length. And after one of my Seagate 3TB drives went belly up two weeks outside it's 2 year warranty recently, I consider warranties important.

Western Digital also do 4Tb HDD's for £125 each but they don't list the speed anywhere and it's only a 2 year warranty. So I assume they'll be slow - 5900rpm or maybe even slower.

Reaction score
Yeah the higher supposedly "more robust" drives tend to be around 5400rpm to help cut down on noise and heat

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thats lot of space... really
What is the price have you compared the products ?

I've just paid £145 each for a pair of Hitachi Deskstar 4Tb drives, speed 7200rpm.

Prices will vary worldwide though. For instance I have no idea what the same drives may cost in, say, Jaipur, India, for instance.

For this sale, incidentally, Novatech/Parcel Force have let me down.

Ordered Tuesday, paid £6 for next day (Wednesday) delivery, was at home all day until 19:00 hours, no delivery, no calling card.

I'll be phoning Novatech shortly, me not happy. I have to go out for a couple of hours this morning and working all day tomorrow so delivery could prove problematic.

Memo: Scratch Novatech off of aproved suppliers list :mad:

Ask a Question