64-bit

Gold Fingers

Hmm. 64 bit chipset drivers ?

All 16 messages in topic - view as tree
From: johns - view profile
Date: Tues, Mar 21 2006 4:51 pm
Email: "johns" <[email protected]>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Well?

johns

Reply Rate this post:

From: SteveH - view profile
Date: Tues, Mar 21 2006 5:16 pm
Email: "SteveH" <[email protected]>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

It's a hole with water in it.

SteveH

Reply Rate this post:

From: sbb78247 - view profile
Date: Tues, Mar 21 2006 7:10 pm
Email: "sbb78247" <sbb78...@****off.com>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

well what? if you are to ****ing stupid to either use the provided cd
from
your manufacturer or look it up on the net then ship it back.

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: JAD - view profile
Date: Tues, Mar 21 2006 10:55 pm
Email: "JAD" <[email protected]>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Deep subject for a shallow mind.

It's a hole with water in it.

SteveH

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: johns - view profile
Date: Wed, Mar 22 2006 4:38 am
Email: "johns" <[email protected]>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Mobos don't come with 64 bit chipset drivers. Google says have to go to

the chipset maker to get them. I found nForce4 x 64 bit drivers at
guru3d.
Then I found 64 bit SATA drivers somewhere else, but for nForce4. And
now I'm looking for 64 bit video card driver for 7900GT ?? So how many
of you geniuses are planning on running Vista with no 64 bit drivers?
Seems they are just starting to come out. Sort of. Pretty lame I can't
anybody talking about it at all either.

johns

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: -nos1eep - view profile
Date: Wed, Mar 22 2006 6:05 am
Email: -nos1eep <[email protected]>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

It is further alleged that on or about 22 Mar 2006 01:38:32 -0800, in
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, the queezy keyboard of "johns"
<[email protected]> spewed the following:

|Mobos don't come with 64 bit chipset drivers. Google says have to go
|the chipset maker to get them. I found nForce4 x 64 bit drivers at
|guru3d.
|Then I found 64 bit SATA drivers somewhere else, but for nForce4. And
|now I'm looking for 64 bit video card driver for 7900GT ?? So how many

|of you geniuses are planning on running Vista with no 64 bit drivers?
|Seems they are just starting to come out. Sort of. Pretty lame I can't

|anybody talking about it at all either.

Graphics drivers for Vista x64, WinXP Pro x64 and Win Server 2003 x64
are available here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
Support for the 7900 was just added in the new release.
--
-nos1eep

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: Larry Roberts - view profile
Date: Wed, Mar 22 2006 7:43 am
Email: Larry Roberts <[email protected]>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Mobos don't come with 64 bit chipset drivers. Google says have to go to
the chipset maker to get them. I found nForce4 x 64 bit drivers at
guru3d.
Then I found 64 bit SATA drivers somewhere else, but for nForce4. And
now I'm looking for 64 bit video card driver for 7900GT ?? So how many
of you geniuses are planning on running Vista with no 64 bit drivers?
Seems they are just starting to come out. Sort of. Pretty lame I can't
anybody talking about it at all either.

Do you just talk shit off the top of your head like a lunitic
off his meds to entertain yourself? 64bit chipset drivers can be found
for Nforce4, and the 7900GT/GTX at www.nvidia.com. As for Vista... It
won't be final til next year, and any drivers out from any GPU
manufacturer are only intended for testing. Get a clue!

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: sbb78247 - view profile
Date: Wed, Mar 22 2006 10:58 am
Email: "sbb78247" <sbb78...@****off.com>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Mobos don't come with 64 bit chipset drivers. Google says have to go
to the chipset maker to get them. I found nForce4 x 64 bit drivers at
guru3d.
Then I found 64 bit SATA drivers somewhere else, but for nForce4. And
now I'm looking for 64 bit video card driver for 7900GT ?? So how many
of you geniuses are planning on running Vista with no 64 bit drivers?
Seems they are just starting to come out. Sort of. Pretty lame I can't
anybody talking about it at all either.

like i said, you're too ****ing stupid, box it up and send it back.
nVidia
is the logical place to look if you didn't get the drivers with the
boards/cards.

now **** right off and get yourself a calculator since that is all your
able
to comprehend.

HTH, HAND, and GFIA

--
sbb78247

Speak the truth and leave shortly there after.

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: johns - view profile
Date: Wed, Mar 22 2006 11:57 am
Email: "johns" <[email protected]>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Thanks. I see them. Wonder how many experts out there
are going "uh, duhee! I ain't thought about that?" Just read
Zdnet .. Vista delayed 'til Jan 07 ... if then. And knowing the
mobo makers, more than likely, there are no compatible
mobo BIOS upgrades for Vista either. That will probably
impact the AGP driver for sure. Just for fun, some of us
might list our equipment and whether or not a complete
spread of 64 bit drivers are available. And, if NOT, all
you home builders should probably realize that your new
hardware is obsolete right out of the box :) I've got 2
SATA drives in my new system .. and I'll switch data
and power to change drives and make one of them a
64 bit test system under WinXP64. And here's another
fact .... After Vista comes out, every new commercial
system out there will ship with Vista on it !!!!!

johns

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: johns - view profile
Date: Wed, Mar 22 2006 11:59 am
Email: "johns" <[email protected]>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Hey. Spring Break is over. Sober up and go back to class,
or you are going to have to get a job .. sha, na, naa, na
... sha, na-na, na-naa!

johns

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: sbb78247 - view profile
Date: Wed, Mar 22 2006 12:27 pm
Email: "sbb78247" <sbb78...@****off.com>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Hey. Spring Break is over. Sober up and go back to class,
or you are going to have to get a job .. sha, na, naa, na
.. sha, na-na, na-naa!

i have not been a breaker for a while now - so, go back to your
calculator
since that is all you can handle.

HTH, HAND, GFIA

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: dawg - view profile
Date: Wed, Mar 22 2006 2:11 pm
Email: "dawg" <don't (e-mail address removed)>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Not planning on running Vista at all. That said,it'll be a couple years

before I think of giving up Win2kpro.

From: JAD - view profile
Date: Wed, Mar 22 2006 2:22 pm
Email: "JAD" <[email protected]>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Not planning on running Vista at all. That said,it'll be a couple years
before I think of giving up Win2kpro.

I'm sure you all have noticed that making the decision about changing
OS's,
isn't as much up to us anymore. Luckly W2KP is much like XP so its life

cycle will be a bit longer than the 9x versions.

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: johns - view profile
Date: Wed, Mar 22 2006 3:26 pm
Email: "johns" <[email protected]>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

I predict it will be until our PCs start wearing out, and
we go down to the store .. and go, "Huh? What the
heck is this!" Store clerk will be rubbing his palms
and grinning.

johns

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: "sbb78247" <sbb78247 ****off.com>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: Hmm. 64 bit chipset drivers ?
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 05:55:47 +0545

From: Gold Fingers - view profile
Date: Thurs, Mar 23 2006 4:08 am
Email: "Gold Fingers" <[email protected]>
Groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Remove | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

SEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND ! ! ! There is no try, there is only do or not
do!
I had no problems finding my 64-bit drivers for my ATI Card, SATA
3.0G-Bit/s Drives (most people don't know that it means bit not byte),
Brother MFC, Logitech wireless mouse & keyboard, and my amdcpu64.exe.
Everything else has no problem with WOW64 in Win XP Pro x64 OS.
Abit AT8, Radeon 480 (integrated), quadruple piped ULi1575 South Bridge

making mainboard support for NCQ possible, all SATA (using IDE to SATA
adapter for another SATA drive to make two Operating Systems unknown to

each other) (profiles in BIOS, easy to switch), (used a supposedly
quiet EATA on IDE, got tired of listening to it, so got another SAMSUNG

(HD160JJ) SATA with the adapter mentioned), ANTEC 500W with removable
power cords (nice), AMD 4000+, San Diego single, installed with
CERAMIQUE thermal interface compound, oh ya, and I can't forget to
mention that I never had virus or firewall active with my ALPHA SHIELD
(100% stealthy). 64-bit OS with ALPHA SHIELD is very very secure. Never

found Spyware yet. Anyone without a $100 ALPHA SHIELD has got to be
very very stupid...
Want to get back at me? I started GOOGLE group Win_XP_Pro_x64.
P.S. For you gamers looking for the best, Abit AT8 series is now
available with the RADEON 580 (discrete graphics).

Carl

couldn't give a shit about ULI or Nvidia chipsets, cos i got via!lol! Nvidia
do a 64 graphics driver, browse thier own downloads and i am sure there will
be a 64 bit chipset driver: www.nvidia.com . Creative do X-fi drivers, and
logitech do mouse drivers.

sbb78247

Carl said:
couldn't give a shit about ULI or Nvidia chipsets, cos i got via!lol!
Nvidia do a 64 graphics driver, browse thier own downloads and i am
sure there will be a 64 bit chipset driver: www.nvidia.com . Creative
do X-fi drivers, and logitech do mouse drivers.

Wow! figured that out all on your own. impressive. where would we be
without you?