553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA .

I am constantly getting the above message whenever I try to send a message
outside my office domain and the mail bounces back.

Example of error message:
From: System Administrator
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 8:29 PM
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Undeliverable:

Sent: 1/17/2005 8:29 PM

(e-mail address removed) on 1/17/2005 8:29 PM
553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA
(#5.7.1)

Can you please help me?

Regards,
Himanshu

neo [mvp outlook]

Try authenticating to the SMTP server that is handling your hotmail account.

Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]

Try authenticating to the SMTP server that is handling your hotmail account.

Actually, the sender's account is not Hotmail - that's the domain that the
outgoing server won't relay to. Just authenticate to whatever outgoing
server is giving this error.