512 Mb video card is reported to have 1024 Mb???

~misfit~

Somewhere said:
CPU-Z reports 1024 Mb video.

Yeah, but he didn't say CPU-Z did he? CPU-Z is designed to give the most
accurate info about the CPU (odd that) and cursoty info about the rest of
the system.

*G*PU-Z does the same for the GPU. My laptop has some stupid ATI
'Hypermemory' thing going on where CPU-Z, DX-diag and most other hardware
diagnostics report twice as much VRAM as is actually there, as the system
can use sysRAM to 'top-up' VRAM. GPU-Z is the only utility that I know (or
rather that I use) that accurately reports physical VRAM.

If you're going to ask for help please don't glibly ignore one of the best
really helpful things posted.
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

DK

Somewhere said:
Yeah, but he didn't say CPU-Z did he? CPU-Z is designed to give the most
accurate info about the CPU (odd that) and cursoty info about the rest of
the system.

*G*PU-Z does the same for the GPU. My laptop has some stupid ATI
'Hypermemory' thing going on where CPU-Z, DX-diag and most other hardware
diagnostics report twice as much VRAM as is actually there, as the system
can use sysRAM to 'top-up' VRAM. GPU-Z is the only utility that I know (or
rather that I use) that accurately reports physical VRAM.

If you're going to ask for help please don't glibly ignore one of the best
really helpful things posted.

Yes, same here. At some point I *did* notice the difference between
CPU-Z and GPU-Z and yes, GPU-Z reports 512 MB, as it should.

John Doe

Also... If you're going to original post, please don't use the no-archive switch.
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
From: dk no.email.thankstospam.net (DK)
Subject: Re: 512 Mb video card is reported to have 1024 Mb???
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:57:03 GMT