3dmark vantage scene 1 artifacts

fermineutron

mere are my system specs:
Video radeon hd 4870x2
cpu core2 Duo 8500 45nm
Ram ddr-2 8500 6GB
Mo/Bo asus p5k premium

In scene 1 of 3d mark vantage the waterfalls do not render at all. All
i see in the place of wate is white.

Did I buy a broken card?

P.S. Downloaded drivers from ATI today. Did not run 3dmark vantage
with old ones, so dont know if its new driver problem or the card.

Marty

mere are my system specs:
Video radeon hd 4870x2
cpu core2 Duo 8500 45nm
Ram ddr-2 8500 6GB
Mo/Bo asus p5k premium

In scene 1 of 3d mark vantage the waterfalls do not render at all. All i
see in the place of wate is white.

Did I buy a broken card?

Unlikely. If that video card is anything like my ink-jet printer, I would
guess that your video card is low on water.

John Doe

Marty said:
Unlikely. If that video card is anything like my ink-jet printer,
I would guess that your video card is low on water.

What the **** are you talking about?

Paul

John said:
What the **** are you talking about?

It's a joke involving "waterfalls" and a "lack of water".
Thus the "low on water" remark.

I'd probably run a bunch of the other 3DMark versions,
and see how they look by comparison. There are some
available here. Use the search box on the lower left,
and enter "3DMark" in there.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/

While looking there, I see this... A Hotfix.
If may depend on what version was downloaded, as
to whether this will fix it or not. This takes
Vantage from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 .

http://www.majorgeeks.com/3DMark_Vantage_HotFix_d5964.html

Paul

John Doe

More likely to be John Doh! :)

By the way. The name you're looking for is "John Duh" not
"John Doh". Your "John Doh" is pronounced the same as "John Doe".

sbb78247

John Doe said:

By the way. The name you're looking for is "John Duh" not
"John Doh". Your "John Doh" is pronounced the same as "John Doe".

you're still a raving nitwit after all this time.

and it would be DOH! you know, that word you say when you slap your head
like homer simpson all the time?

hth, hand and gfia
--
sbb78247

resident redneck alt.os.windows-xp
alt.os.windows-vista

somebody pass the mashed potatoes and gravy

John Doe

sbb78247 said:
"John Doe" <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote in message

you're still a raving nitwit after all this time.

Says a fat, ugly, hyperactive troll from (alt.os.windows).
and it would be DOH! you know, that word you say when you slap
your head like homer simpson all the time?

Judging by your looks, no surprise Homer Simpson is your language
authority.

John Doe

2CA001 said:
Precisely, John Doh! just like the Homer Simpson "Doh!". John and
Homer have so many similarities.....

In the long run, you are better off trolling (uk.radio.amateur).

John Doe

2CA001 said:
John Doe wrote:

And? I don't deny posting there.

You mostly troll there, 2CA001.
Now, have you decided how an E8400 can be faster than a Q6600
running at the same clock speed like you claimed a while ago?
That really was a 'Doh' moment..... Or are you going to bury your
head in the sand again?

Your memory sucks, 2CA001.
Just don't forget to find another news server,
the sooner the better.

sbb78247

John Doe said:
Says a fat, ugly, hyperactive troll from (alt.os.windows).

Judging by your looks, no surprise Homer Simpson is your language
authority.

wow he's sensitive these days, must be that time of the month when his
welfare meds run out.

--
sbb78247

resident redneck alt.os.windows-xp
alt.os.windows-vista

somebody pass the mashed potatoes and gravy

John Doe

wow he's sensitive these days, must be that time of the month when
his welfare meds run out.

Are you denying that you are fat and ugly? Shall we take a vote?

John Doe

2CA001 said:
John Doe wrote:

Call it trolling if you want. Maybe those who don't agree with my
comments call it trolling,

Not at all.

I wasn't talking about the E8400, 2CA001, and I wasn't talking about
the same clock speeds. Your memory sucks.
You made an idiotic statement and instead of coming clean
and admitting you made a mistake, you BS'd all over the place once
it was highlighted.

If you insist on dwelling on that thread, at least provide the
quotes.
You still have to prove your theory.

The theory is in your head, 2CA001.
I have until 25 Oct, so no rush!

You may as well do it now.

John Doe

2CA001 said:
John Doe wrote:

Why would they?

I'm sure they have a good reason.
The Comcast Usenet service doesn't end for current
subscribers until 25 Oct.

Get it in gear and get it done, now.
And don't worry, I have another service lined up and ready to go
once 25 Oct swings around.

Google Groups, Homer?

Marty

Time to get a new news server, troll.

I post something whimsical and you reply with an abusive message, someone
else notices and because you don't like what they said, you call them a
troll.

Geez, it must really suck to be you. Living with the knowledge that you
are an oxygen thief must really weigh heavily upon you.

John Doe

Marty said:
I post something whimsical

Sorry Marty, I had trouble differentiating it from your usual
garbage that accounts for 90% of your posts here.

All from different posts, Marty wrote:
"Hey **** knuckle!"
"Why don't you **** off twat."
"You just can't help yourself can you pal."
"What a rude dickwad you are!"
"I would guess that your video card is low on water."
and you reply with an abusive message,

Are you offering lessons? Are you looking for lessons?
someone else notices and because you don't like what they said,
you call them a troll.

Trolling is the majority of your activity here, Marty.
Geez, it must really suck to be you.

My life can get better?
Wow.
Living with the knowledge that you are an oxygen thief must really
weigh heavily upon you.

Awww, poor baby. Maybe they forgot to slap your bottom, Marty?

Top