3D Scatter plot in Excel

G

How do I make a 3D scatter plot in Excel? Ideally I will be able to define
the viewing angle of the 3D graph. Alternaviely, are there plug-ins that can
fix this that are not too expensive? Alternatively, which other tools are
available that are not expensive and are easy to use?

Reaction score
I was having the same problem creating a 3D graph in excel. As mentioned in previous posts, the capability just isn't there without additional programs. When you get into wanting to actually manipulate your plotted data and exporting it to different formats such as videos for power point and images ect... it gets even more frustrating. I found many different add-ins in my search, but this one is by far the least expensive and easiest to use.

http://www.threedify.com/en/free-trial/asdgraph3d

They even have a few tutorials and demos on you tube. This is a link to one that seems to have been there the longest;

Reaction score
If you want a quick way to draw 3D scatterplots (and rotate them around their centroid), I have a free Excel add-in for that (along with many other add-ins for business analytics that I use for teaching purposes).

They are available at wak2.web.rice.edu (this site does not allow me to post the link!)

Ask a Question