3 issues with 2007

N

Nance

Hello everyone,

I have 3 items if you anyone can answer any or all of them:

1)

In Outlook 2003, you could stretch time by clicking on a appointment time in Calendar day or week view from 15 minutes to 30 minutes or from 1 hour to 2 hours. You could do this rather than open the appointment and changing the time. Even when you do that in 2007, it isn't reflected on the day and week view by spanning across the time. Is there a way to pull down a time to cover more than one time unit?

2)

In 2003 when you added an event for the day without a specific time, it was still visible at the top of the column, no matter what time you were looking at. In 2007 when you have an event with no time, it is only viewable if you scroll all the way to the top of the column. Is there a way to make the non-timed event viewable for the day, no matter what time you are on like in 2003?

3)

When you put in a time span in 2003, such as an event that lasts several days it showed up across several days on the month view. In 2007, it still only shows as on the start day in month view and doesn't span across several days. Is there a way to make this like 2003?

All 3 of these things are viewings that I liked in 2003 that have gone away or I haven't found a way to bring these views back. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

D

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

1. It works as expected here. Drag the edge of the appointment down and the
time period for it expands.
2. It works as expected here. The all day events section is stationary and
only the time scale section scrolls.
3. Again, it works as expected here. There was a bug in RTM version that
multiday appointments that spanned weeks did not properly wrap, but SP1
fixed it. Do you have all the updates installed?

If updates don't fix your problems, open outlook using the cleanviews
switch.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm

Ask a Question