2nd hard drive disappeared after Win 2K -> XP install

Steve Davies

Hi,

I'd been running two hard drives on my Win 2K machine for
months without a hitch. Both were formatted as NTFS,
single partition each. Nothing fancy.

After installing XP, I noticed my D: drive didn't
appear. When I reboot into Win 2K, it shows up fine.
XP's disk management recognizes that there is a "dynamic"
volume of type MBR but won't read it.

Is there any way to make Win XP see this hard drive
without reformatting it?

More info from my original post last night (7:35 PM) is
below. I still haven't solved the problem or found a KB
article dealing with this. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Steve.