2 instances of Quick Launch

T

Tony Cannizzo

I have a duplicate copy of Quick Launch on the Taskbar.

If I delete an icon from one, it also deletes the other.

There is a one for one icon match up between the two, but the icons are in a
different/random order on the 2nd instance.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Tony

G

George Hester

You likely have two folders housing each of the Quick Launch icons. Make sure you have Show all files and folders enabled. Allow nothing to be hidden. Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options... | View (In the listbox below).

Now browse to with Windows Explorer:

C:\Documents and Settings\%profile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Do you see more than one in there? If not go look in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

Is there a Quck Launch folder there. In fact you better check all the profiles you are using. If you see other Quick Launch icons in Profiles you contructed leave them alone to start. Check All Users. If you cannot find any other Quick Launch icons in these two above profiles then start with the profiles you added and see if you can find extra Quick Launch icons. Remove (not delete) until you can stop the behavior. Likely it is a corrupted profile.

One other thing you can try is to refresh your shelliconcache. To do that right-click on the desktop | Properties | Display | Appearance | icon | decrease size by 1. OK out. Do it again but put the size back. OK out. HTH

T

Tony Cannizzo

Hi, I know that someone replied to this, but that message seems to have been
deleted.

Can you please reply again?

thanks

R

Ray at

Go to http://groups.google.com.
Enter: microsoft.public.win2000.general in the search box and submit.
Enter the subject line of this message in the search box.
Select "search only win2000" radio button.
Submit.

Ray at work

Ask a Question