2 errors: SPWIZENG.DLL + autorun.dll: both cant be found

ok, i bought the vista dvd, waited 1 week. i put the dvd in. then i got this
message:

"Setup.exe - unable to locate component"

"this application has failed to start because SPWIZENG.DLL
was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

"the file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt. setup
cannot continue. error code is [0x7E]"

i tried 7 times on 3 days, i even copied the dvd to my desktop, same message.
i have 1.5 gb memory, someone suggested that i may have 'cheap' ram, which
is a stupid answer to my problem, but anything to get this to work. i have
512 mb and a 1 gb: ms-4002-512mb pc3200 ddr400 + pny 1gb ddr dimm q
adp648tm-50, i researched both, and they are not cheap! but i did try using
just the 512 mb, the same message, then just the 1 gb ram, same error
message. so i am up to about 3 hours trying to get this vista to work. (a
side note, i bought FEAR, tried to install it, and cd 2 would not work, after
3 days i took it back, got a new FEAR, and it worked fine, all 5 discs
worked. that was a software problem, not my computer.) i have never had a
problem installing any software or hardware. i have a 512 mb vid card too,
and about 750 gb of hard drive space. my computer is fast! it ain't my
computer, something is missing, or was deleted, and now vista needs it, these
2 missing items are:

1. SPWIZENG.DLL was not found

2. the file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded

can someone help me with this? can i find these files somewhere? i have
researched the internet with no avail. do i need a new vista dvd? i can't
even dl it from microsoft now. the website wont let me. lol. that's rude. i
have been reading all the questions and answers, none are similiar to mine, i
see a lot of problems when people download the vista, but i bought mine as a
dvd and it was mailed to me. help please. (and no! it ain't because of my
hard drives or ram, or motherboard, or vid card, or monitor.) you can send me
a message at my email. (e-mail address removed). please help....

mike carter

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Can you locate the \panther\setupact.log file?
There should be more information in that log file as to why we are seeing
the error message.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZSBjYXJ0ZXIgMTAw?=
<[email protected]>
<Subject: 2 errors: SPWIZENG.DLL + autorun.dll: both cant be found
<Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:08:02 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
<
[...]

PD43

I had the same error messages when I tried to install a downloaded 32bit
version. My system has two DVD drives, same error messages no matter
which one I use. After re-installing the drivers for the DVD drives the
program installed no problem on the next attemp. Hope this helps.

How nice of you to post that. Problem is: the folks who you are
replying to haven't been around since they made those posts in

JUNE OF 2006!