2 Charts on 1 Report problem

A

Al Campagna

I have a report that produces a a listing of all defects over a length of a product
(fabric).
There are 4 subreports in the Detail section, each displaying defects within a meter
distance range.
(0-325m, 325-650m, 650-975m, and 975-1300m)
In the Report Footer, I have 2 Charts (one for 0-650m and one for 650-1300m) that plot
the defects as "dots" where they occur over the length of the roll, and how far from the
edge of the roll they occur. Some fabrics can have many "dots" graphed, but I'm dealing
here with less than 255 series per chart.

The problem is very irregular, but every once in a while, the 2nd report chart fails
to display the correct defects. Instead, it displays the same dot pattern as one would
see in the Chart "design" mode. (you know how a chart in design mode always displays the
same "old" data, but then displays correctly when the report is previewed/printed)
This problem always seems to invovle Chart2, not Chart1.

If I close the report, and run again, the correct data displays in both charts... but
the bug may occur again at very random times
(I do a Refresh from the calling form before the report is run)

For example: I reported on a fabric with 14 defects in the 0-650 chart and 12 in the
650-1300 chart. Chart1 displayed correctly, but Chart2 showed the "default" values form
it's design mode.

Can anyone offer any assistance with this problem?

Thankyou,
Al Campagna

A

Al Campagna

Okay...
I finally found something on this problem...
------------------------------------
Stop by our web and look in the Code and Design Tips area for the main tip.
You'll see some simple code that you can put in your report to resolve this
issue.
--
Steve Arbaugh
ACG Soft
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/attac-cg
--------------------------------------

It is very difficult to say whether this is the solution, (the bug description is right
on) as the bug is very intermittent, but I'm going to give it a try.
If anyone would still like to pipe in on this issue, that would be appreciated, but...
at least I have something to try.
Al Campagna

A

Al Campagna

Thanks Duane,
Using a different search pattern, I found reference to Q318079... and that led me, via
the web, to the AGC solution.
I posted back here as soon as I had found that.
Just missed your speedy reply!
I have hopes that that will do it... I was really at a loss as to what to try next...
Al Campagna

D

Duane Hookom

Steve A. is one of the top experts in these NGs regarding printing reports
and especially charts.

Ask a Question