160 GB HDD

Since my old computer crashed I am building a new PC

I have AMD64 with 160 GB HDD. As an OP system I have XP professional Upgrade
and win 98 SE full

Can I first configure HDD with 2 Partition. Install W98 and then upgrade to
single and then create a single drive? OR just use utility from HD vendor
format the drive install W98 and then upgrade to XP and hope it recognizes
the full capacity.

BR549

Boot from the XP cd and do a clean install. You don't need to install win98
to use the XP upgrade, it will ask you for the win98 cd during the install
process as proof.
Since my old computer crashed I am building a new PC

I have AMD64 with 160 GB HDD. As an OP system I have XP professional Upgrade
and win 98 SE full

Can I first configure HDD with 2 Partition. Install W98 and then upgrade to
single and then create a single drive? OR just use utility from HD vendor
format the drive install W98 and then upgrade to XP and hope it recognizes
the full capacity.

Joan Archer

You've jumped into here now Jack <g>
Joan