1200cpu shows up as 900

Ballinlea

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
There are no jumpers for the CPU speed on this Motherboard
The bios had set the CPU speed down to 100mhz for some reason. I reset
it up to 133mhz and restarted the computer. The CPU now shows up as AMD
Athlon 1200, which it did before I had to do a clean install of Windows
Regards
smcg

'Richard Urban [MVP said:
']You have to go into the computer bios and set the CPU speed to the
specified
setting. If, for instance, you have a CPU that runs at 133 mhz, but the
bios
has dropped it down to the "safe" mode of 100 mhz, this will happen.

Please look at your M/B manual or your computer manual. You can also go
the web page for your computer manufacturer and search in their
support
section for directions.

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"Ballinlea" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

I have an AMD Athlon 1200 processor in my computer but it shows up as
900 in the start up screens and in the System Tools / System
Information
'Processor x86 Family 6 Model 4 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~900 Mhz'.
I am not underclocking because I would not have the foggiest notion
how
to go about it.
My motherboard is an MSI 745 Ultra
The bios is American Megatrends Inc. 07.00T, 02/04/2001
My Operating System is XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build
2600
Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?
Regards
smcg

Richard Urban [MVP]

Glad you are fixed!