Bargain 06/01/12 Play.com PC Games Sale

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers Reefsmoka, I'll have a browse of the list :)

Reaction score
I would of agreed at one time however I dont play games on my PC anymore

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have Dungeon Siege III on Xbox 360 and quite enjoy it. Some of the criticism is valid, camera angles are somewhat restrictive.

I prefer playing games on PC mostly, so I bought Dungeon Siege III for a fiver from Play.com to play on PC.

I'll probably get a fiver from a high street GAME store in part exchange so no probs.

Similarly, bought LA Noire for PC from Steam for £8.74 and will trade in Xbox 360 version. Much prefer PC though Xbox has it's merits, not least sitting on sofa playing games on big TV.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I ordered Dungeon Siege III from play.com for £4.99 after reading this thread on 7th January. It hasn't arrived so I checked my account details at play.com and it's shown as out of stock, awaiting supplies. When I ordered it it was shown as in stock, play.com didn't even bother to tell me.

This same thing happened with my last order from play.com, their service has gone right down the pan and I'm going to stop using them.I have cancelled the order for Dungeon Siege III, seems to me they were plainly lying about some of those 'sale' offers.

Also ordered twin Venom battery pack for Xbox 360 wireless controllers on same day from play.com, half price at £8 and that hasn't arrived yet. It was dispatched on the 9th January and delivery is quoted at 3 to 5 working days. Today is the 16th, we've had a weekend in between so I make that three working days so far so we're still in the time limit, we shall see what occurs.

In contrast, on the same day, the 7th, I ordered two cheap Xbox 360 games from Amazon and they arrived together in one package on the 11th, free delivery.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Play.com are completely useless!

Stopped using them about 2 years ago. :nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, I should have realised. The Dungeon Siege III they offered for a fiver is still on sale there for £11.85 which makes me think the sale thing was just a scam.

Same thing is £9.90 at Amazon.

Reaction score
I meant both of you Flopp's.......i got rage and never really gave it much time. I think a revisit is in order.
If i ever get out of Skyrim lol.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Rage is excellent, but skyrim took me away from it! I'll go back to it one day :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I finished Rage, kinda short, but not as short as a Call Of Duty or Battlefield single player game :lol:

Haven't played Skyrim in 12 days now, I'm kinda immersed in... wait for it... Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 :blush:

Lego game was £13 on Amazon for PC. I think it's great :D

I do tend to off at tangents though, I will certainly take up again with Skyrim shortly.

Oh, and still no Venom battery packs from play.com, they got one more day to deliver.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I played an hour or so of Skyrim after posting here yesterday, managed to get a truce between the Imperials and Stormcloaks and now have to kill the dragon on the top of the mountain, name escapes me but it begins with S I think Sympathax or summat.

Venom battery packs for Xbox controllers arrived today from play.com, right at the end of the time limit they quoted for arrival. Have charged 'em up and tried the controllers - good stuff.

Anybody know where I can get an Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver for PC at a good price? Amazon want around £18 inc postage for one but a controller with receiver is only £25 so doesn't seem worth buying just the receiver. If I get a receiver then I can use one of the Xbox 360 wireless controllers with it on the PC.

And the Lego harry Potter game would definitely benefit from two controllers (I have a wired one already) as it doesn't hold mapped keyboard settings between exit/start in the game which is a bit naff, really. It does, however, hold controller settings. And the game uses two players throughout, hence my need.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Mr Flop's have you tried fleabay, theres bound to be one on there!

Ask a Question