0% Credit Cards

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of, no.

The only thing that will affect your rating is if you default on minimum payments or go over limit.

Incidentally, applying for a credit card and being refused does affect your credit rating in a negative way, which I've always thought is unfair.

Reaction score
Andrew C said:
Does it effect you credit rating opening and closing credit card accounts?

Not at all, but if you were to open then close the card. you might get what Flopps has mentioned if you try immediately to apply fr another one.

Floppybootstomp said:
Incidentally, applying for a credit card and being refused does affect your credit rating in a negative way, which I've always thought is unfair.

Whn you apply for Credit Cards, the lenders will use vrious credit scoring agencies. If they see loads of applications been flagged fro approval, they will normall deny, as it might seem that your intentions could be fraudualant, rather than good.

Reaction score
Used a short term loan for things, i don't see the problem. Pay it off over 6 months.

It's just an intrest free loan.

Reaction score
I find credit cards to be okay, provided you keep a close eye on your spending.
Mentioned earlier the rule "if you can't buy it straight away then dont buy it" is a good rule but sometimes, like emergencies, credit cards have their uses.
nod.gif

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Like everything else, IF USED SENSIBLY, credit cards are fine. :thumb:

I have a couple and ALWAYS pay off the outstanding amount each month so do not pay any charges. If you pay it off every month it doesn't matter what the rate of interest is. :nod:

You also get quite a lot of consumer protection and even insurance when you buy with a credit card.

So, don't knock them, they work very well as long as you use common sense.

Ask a Question