Zone game rooms

I have recently downloaded windows xp professional, I am the administrator,
and cannot get into a game room. I can however get into a lobby, and I can
get my zone friends list up. I have downloaded the patch, reloaded the
Javascript and checked all my security settings as the troubleshooting has
advised. I have tried to change the registry files, but the game rooms do
not show up in the registry. When I click on a game room, I get an hourglass
for a quick second, and then nothing. Help!

Jimmy S.

Hi Putt,

I created a patch (reg fix) for that issue. It's available at this URL:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Thanks Jimmy - I have downloaded this patch and I am still having the same
problem. What should I do next?

putt said:
I have recently downloaded windows xp professional, I am the administrator,
and cannot get into a game room. I can however get into a lobby, and I can
get my zone friends list up. I have downloaded the patch, reloaded the
Javascript and checked all my security settings as the troubleshooting has
advised. I have tried to change the registry files, but the game rooms do
not show up in the registry. When I click on a game room, I get an hourglass
for a quick second, and then nothing. Help!

Jimmy S.

Hi Putt,

Did the patch install successfully after you ran it?

If it did...

There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.

The Zone newsgroup is listed on the left side of this "Community
Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgr...=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us

However, while you're here... ;-)
To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:

Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html

Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html

Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
"Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html

Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html

Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :)

MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm

Official support is provided by email to (e-mail address removed)

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)