Zone Alarm now Vista Compatable

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
For those who still like the free version of Zone Alarm, you might be interested to know that it is now available to Vista users. (Previously there was only a BETA version.)

Last update: June 4, 2007

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite, ZoneAlarm Antivirus, and ZoneAlarm (free firewall) are now compatible with the Windows Vista operating system. That means that Vista users can now take advantage of the superior protection of our exclusive operating system firewall, unbeatable anti-virus engine, and much more. Enjoy the most secure protection available.

There are also paid-for versions which are now Vista-ready too, of course; and another scheme being advertised on the Zone Alarm website, which allows you to get a full Internet Security Suite (normally paid-for version costing £34.95) for free. This is through a partnership that Zone Alarm has with a company called "TrialPay."

I took a look at the Terms and Conditions etc., on the TrialPay website, but didn't feel that it was for me (the privacy issues didn't appeal to so I won't be taking up that offer.) That is just my personal feeling though, others might feel differently.

Oh, and for any Win98SE/ME users who don't already know, Zone Alarm has discontinued support for these systems.

Zone Alarm here

Now I'm going to keep my head down as the Kaspersky, Comodo, et al, users throw bricks at me
laughingsmiley.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Now I'm going to keep my head down as the Kaspersky, Comodo, et al, users throw bricks at me.
Bricks? naw, why? 'Tis a good post. :thumb:

However ... you just knew I was gonna say summit, didn't you :lol:

Why is it some companies, like Kaspersky, give you FREE upgrades to their programs for the duration of your licence, and others make you pay again just for an update ... :rolleyes:

I have Kaspersky 5 Personal installed on XP ... I simply downloaded KAV 6, turned off KAV5, as recommended, and ran KAV 6, it installed & updated and recognised I had a valid licence. :thumb: Vista was even easier ... I upgraded from KIS 6 to KIS 7 without needing to do anything more than download & run the installer ... :bow:

As a standalone firewall, Comodo is good, still has some annoying quirks like not remembering safe sites & set rules, but what the heck, it is free. :D

Each to their own ... I'll keep plugging for KIS ... unless I find something better. :p

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Warning

Thought I should report back quickly - I have just attempted to install ZA on the Vista PC and it really does not like it!! It crashed Vista completely, it went to a black screen, then BSOD. The only way I could get things going again, was to boot into Safe Mode and uninstall ZA completely.

It might not be the way that the more technically savvy here would have handled things, but it seemed to be the quickest solution for me. Windows Vista has now booted successfully again, and I think it has recovered from it's fit of the vapours.

user.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
muckshifter said:

Okay Mr Shifter, I know when I'm beaten :rolleyes:... I have just clicked your link and ordered one:thumb: ... please be on the lookout for more daft questions about configuring it after I've installed it :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
oops, I was not twistin your arm, honest. :blush:

:D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It wasn't the arm, it was the bright lights in the eyes wot did it :lol:

muckshifter

Reaction score