Youtube Problem

Reaction score
My brother moved to Turkey a couple of years ago, taking his Toshiba P100 satellite laptop with him. The problems he had with the laptop were costing him dearly so he bought a Toshiba A350 satellite with Turkish keyboard layout In Turkey. Now is the problem. In Turkey Youtube is often banned so i suggested he try an IP Hider which worked fine. Now the ban has been lifted He canot gain access to Youtube unless he uses the IP hider. He can get it with no problems on his old laptop but doesn't want to use that. His modem is AirTies, Air 5450 300Mbps wireless ADSL2+4 port router He has the same Antiirus on both laptops and uses Internet Explorer 8 and Google Chrome, and his provider is Turkish telecom (TTNET). I suggested he try Tools/Internet Options/ Security/Trusted sites and he has pasted the address in and made sure its not in Restricted sites and that about all i know. Surely the laptops not set so Youtube cant be opened by the Manafacturers is it? I would be gratefull for any help Thanks.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Has he tried uninstalling the IP Hider? If not, do so.

After uninstalling IP Hider try another browser (Firefox, Opera) and see if that works, he can always uninstall any browsers he tries if he doesn't like them.

If a different browser works after the IP Hider has been uninstalled then settings in IE8 and Chrome have been changed and it may be neccessary to uninstall/reinstall both of them.

Ask a Question