Your Best Buy of 2009

Reaction score
So whats been your best buy of 2009?

For me it's got be our Novatech PC.
Fast, reliable & a great Crunching PC.:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The seperate components I purchased to make an audio switcher to go with my home made valve amp.

Not the most expensive purchase I made this year, probably came to about sixty quid, but by far the item that has given me the most pleasure.

Reaction score
I would say it has to be the Wii, game's and accessories I purchased for my boy. He lights up everytime he see's it when he here....

He loves the boxing!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
PS3 for me :) It's such a clever little thing, and games are only a small part of what we use it for. Photo sharing, blu rays, iplayer and music all in our living room. I love it :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
The very best thing has been an iRobot Roomba, (robotic vac) bought back in May. It toddles around the floor all by itself, vacuuming and making an excellent job of it too... It has to be one of the best inventions ever! :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Half Life 2 set and me ATI 4850. Oh and me Mitsibushi cos I'm now nearly solvent.
nod.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
The very best thing has been an iRobot Roomba, (robotic vac) bought back in May. It toddles around the floor all by itself, vacuuming and making an excellent job of it too... It has to be one of the best inventions ever! :D

We want a vid of it in action.
nod.gif

Reaction score
Review

Pros:
Cleans Effectively, Cleans Under Furniture, Covers Entire Room, Deep Cleaning Ability, Hassle Free Operation, Long Run Time, Pet Friendly

Cons:
Does Not Clean Stairs (HAHAHAHAHA did you really expect it to even try?!!!)

Best Uses:
Carpeted Rooms, Hardwood Floors, High Traffic Rooms, Large Rooms, Small Rooms, Tile Floors

Describe Yourself:
Busy household

My Robot's Name:
Jeaves (Whaat it's a vacumm cleaner! Get a grip!!)

Bottom Line:
Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

By the way the comments in blue are mine lmao

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Good find Ian!! :thumb:

Our's is called "Collin" but I think we might be giving it an identity crisis, because when it speaks, it has a female voice! :lol: Tell you what though, it is surprisingly efficient - considering that we have three cats, who all shed hair, it picks it up no problem. Don't want to sound like an advert here, lol, but it's a great time-saver; and if you have any back or shoulder problems which make vacuuming a bit difficult, it's great! :D Cats don't mind it either, in fact, one of them likes to "supervise" it and tries to "round it up" .... think he might have sheepdog tendencies!!
:p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd love one of those when we move house, simply for the gadget factor!

Have you ever tried standing on it (wearing something long) so it looks like you're hovering about the house :lol:

Does it clean corners well?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I'd love one of those when we move house, simply for the gadget factor!

Have you ever tried standing on it (wearing something long) so it looks like you're hovering about the house :lol:

Does it clean corners well?

I don't think it would hold a human's weight, but there are lots of Roomba-surfing cats HERE :lol:

It will clean in all sorts of tight places - and can get out again. Chair-legs won't "trap" it (even when I've moved our's around just to test!! Lol) It's great for getting beneath low furniture (it needs about 9 cm clearance.) I find that it cleans into corners as well as conventional upright cleaners.

We bought our's from Lakeland Ltd, because we know how good they are about exchanges or refunds, if the item doesn't come up to expectations. But as I mentioned earlier, since buying it back in May, we now wouldn't want to be without one and would definitely want to get another if Collin ever "dies."

Reaction score
My best buy this year was a new desktop computer,our other one gave up the ghost. Also bought was a new laptop for our daughter.Her face was a delight to see.

historian

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Good find Ian!! :thumb:

Our's is called "Collin" but I think we might be giving it an identity crisis, because when it speaks, it has a female voice! :lol: Tell you what though, it is surprisingly efficient - considering that we have three cats, who all shed hair, it picks it up no problem. Don't want to sound like an advert here, lol, but it's a great time-saver; and if you have any back or shoulder problems which make vacuuming a bit difficult, it's great! :D Cats don't mind it either, in fact, one of them likes to "supervise" it and tries to "round it up" .... think he might have sheepdog tendencies!!
:p

So come on then we want to see yours in action. Not just the advert that Ian so kindly supplied.
nod.gif

Just nosey really as I'm curious as to what your pad looks like. :D

Ask a Question