Best Buy of 2013

Reaction score
So come on whats your best buy of 2013 been.

Mine was..:blush: a bit sad but mine was a logistics loading course.
Work would pay for it but not give me certification for it.
So off i went paid for 2.5 days training & now have another shinny certificate!:lol:

Oh and a pair of merrell moab shoes with 33% off. :thumb:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Not sad at all. Something you can ad to your CV if you wish to work at some place else. I think it is a brilliant spend. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Probably the Bosch PMF Multi-tool - I've used it so much in the past few months. It's really handy when you need to saw through something arkward and does an good job at light sanding (nowhere near as good as an orbital though).

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
This year has been terrible for me and the missus spending.

New double glazing windows and doors thanks to safe style (could not recommend enough).

Completely ripped out the kitchen and bathroom and had it done way over budget (its tiles, damn floor tiles are expensive).

New carpets and underlay in most rooms of the house is sweeeet, so comfy.

Canon 7D camera has been awesome, learning how to use has just been as much fun as using to be honest, enjoying it all the time.

iPad air is a nice piece of kit, just a shame the battery is way below par (on charge everyday)

PS4 is crazy good, could do with some more top games though.

46" Samsung 8 series is beautiful off or on, love it every day.

But the best thing I've bought all year is the Tiny Bike for Theodore. Seeing the massive grin on his face when he's riding it makes 50+hours a week work all worth while. I forget all the crud I put up with during the week when I see him on it. Best feeling ever without a shadow of a doubt.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Great pics there! :thumb:

For me it has been my new car, Mazda 6

Reaction score
:)Ours was a new Skoda Roomster TSI 86bhp brilliant car, bad news I got nicked speeding on the A303 in it and at 81mph have got to a Speed Awareness Course on the 16th Dec and had to pay for the course cost me £ 86 :cry: which is better than £100 fine and 3 points on licence:nod:

Reaction score
Royal that is disgraceful...:eek:...oh hang on i did one in July and i was only doing 35 in a 30 limit!
It is a good course to do & you will learn a lot on it, i did & i drive for a living!
Go with an open mind and you will be ok, takes 4 hrs and it's time well spent.

Reaction score
Our course starts at 0800 in Maidstone, since retiring I am not used to being somewhere that early in the morning:eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmm, haven't made many significant purchases this year, lottsa small things that have given me a great deal of pleasure (audio and electronic stuff for the most part, and vinyl LP's).

So, toss up between my valve phono stage kit bought from Hong Kong, all parts cost £310 including a huge choke for the PSU and it sounds great, a definite upgrade from my Pro-Ject solid state phono stage.

Or a Fuji X20 camera. Bought it from John Lewis in Oxford street in September for £430.00. I wasn't happy with the Canon G15 I'd bought in January so I sold it and bought the Fuji. I'm still getting to know it and I've been meaning to start a thread about it, hope to get round to that soon.

Let's toss a coin and..... The Fuji X20 :)

Ask a Question