Yahoo e-mail as default

Daniel

Has anyone been able to set up their Outlook Express so that you can use
Yahoo e-mail as the default. I have a friend that wants to use Yahoo all the
time, and when she clicks on an e-mail address (such as a company) the
e-mail window that opens up is for Outlook Express instead of Yahoo. I heard
that this is impossible to do in Windows XP, is it.

Thanks,
Dan

Yves Leclerc

Most web based email systems (Yahoo and MSN) have removed the possibility of
accessing the free email accounts in Outlook Express. MSN stated that this
is to curb the use by "spammers".

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Your friend have to subscribe to Yahoo! Mail Plus in order to setup
Yahoo mail in Outlook Express.

Ref: http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/help

How does Yahoo! Mail Plus compare to free Yahoo! Mail?
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/plus/about/about-01.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

:

| Has anyone been able to set up their Outlook Express so that you can use
| Yahoo e-mail as the default. I have a friend that wants to use Yahoo all the
| time, and when she clicks on an e-mail address (such as a company) the
| e-mail window that opens up is for Outlook Express instead of Yahoo. I heard
| that this is impossible to do in Windows XP, is it.
|
| Thanks,
| Dan

Alias

Irrevelant response. The OP wants Yahoo to open instead of OE.

I use Yahoo in my OE every day so the rest of what you said is untrue, too.

To the OP: Not possible.

Alias

Dan

Very true and exactly the reason why I don't have my e-mails accounts linked
to OE. I even have Mozilla Thunderbird up and running in case hackers manage
to infiltrate any OE vulnerabilities and will access this newsgroup through
Mozilla Thunderbird if it is necessary as I have already tested it to make
sure it works.

: "Daniel" <dcxdan AT yahoo DOT com> wrote in message
: : > Has anyone been able to set up their Outlook Express so that you can use
: > Yahoo e-mail as the default. I have a friend that wants to use Yahoo all
: > the
: > time, and when she clicks on an e-mail address (such as a company) the
: > e-mail window that opens up is for Outlook Express instead of Yahoo. I
: > heard
: > that this is impossible to do in Windows XP, is it.
: >
: > Thanks,
: > Dan
: >
: >
:
:

Dan

Thanks for the post, Carey. I actually did not know how to do this either.
I appreciate the information.

: Your friend have to subscribe to Yahoo! Mail Plus in order to setup
: Yahoo mail in Outlook Express.
:
: Ref: http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/help
:
: How does Yahoo! Mail Plus compare to free Yahoo! Mail?
: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/plus/about/about-01.html
:
: --
: Carey Frisch
: Microsoft MVP
: Windows XP - Shell/User
: Microsoft Newsgroups
:
: Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx
:
: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
:
: "Daniel" wrote:
:
: | Has anyone been able to set up their Outlook Express so that you can use
: | Yahoo e-mail as the default. I have a friend that wants to use Yahoo all
the
: | time, and when she clicks on an e-mail address (such as a company) the
: | e-mail window that opens up is for Outlook Express instead of Yahoo. I
heard
: | that this is impossible to do in Windows XP, is it.
: |
: | Thanks,
: | Dan
:

Ramesh, MS-MVP

OTOH, if you're referring to POP/SMTP access to your Yahoo! mail account,
see the other replies in this thread.

Richard Urban

****************
QUOTE
****************

Has anyone been able to set up their Outlook Express so that you can use
Yahoo e-mail as the default.

****************
UNQUOTE
****************

It sounds to me like the OP wants Yahoo to open within Outlook Express as
the default account - much as Hotmail can! You say you do this. Tell the OP
how.

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Daniel

Hey, thanks for the help. I ran the program and it did change my default
e-mail to Yahoo. I sent it to my friend, who I hope found it as helpful - I
have not heard back from her since.

Dan