XP upgrade error

RF

I was having alot of problems accessing SSL sites w/ XP
home sp1. I have a dell 4600
I decided to upgrade xp from the dell disc's. I get an
error message Bad Pool caller.
stop 0x000000c2,.......007,.....cd4,...340045,0xe1685c84
begin dump of physical memory
disable bios memory options caching,shadowing......

I tried to reboot in safe mode but I get an error message
that I cannot rebot setup in safe mode. It keeps asking me
to reinsert the dell cd then I get the error message....
I have alot of files I need to keep
Thanx

Jody Atkins

Well, I could use a little more information here about if you can boot into
normal mode fine and your hardware that is installed. Also, are you
upgrading to XP Pro or just reinstalling XP Home?

If you can boot to normal mode fine I would suggest this if you are running
an ATI Rage Fury MAXX:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307151

Another option, if you can get into normal mode, would be to do a system
restore and roll back to your last restore point:

Description of System Restore:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/
windowsxpsystemrestore.asp

How to perform system restore:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/systemrest
ore.mspx

If you are unable to get into the O/S then I suggest that you can try and
restore a back-up copy of the registry using recovery console:

If the last option fails the only thing left would be a parallel install to
another drive or folder on the same partition with sysvol named differently
(ex: windows2). This will allow you to see your data and possibly back it
up and then do a complete reinstall of the O/S by formatting the whole H/D.

Good Luck and have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Jody Atkins
Microsoft Online Support Engineer
from your issue.
Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help.