XP Stopped Loading in Virtual PC

kenneth Cavanaugh

Would like to run Windows XP in Virtual PC 2004. When I
start VPC instead of loading Windows XP an error message
appears that says, Stop: c0000218 Registry File Failure.
The registry cannot load the hive: systemroot\system32
\config\SAM.

To get to this point I ran VPC's installation Wizard.
This process created two files on a hard drive connected
to the Secondary Slave position on my IDE controller. One
file is called VXPM Hard Drive.vhd, and the other is
VXPM.vmc. Then I started Virtual PC and placed the
Windows XP Installation disk in the CD-ROM drive, and
installed Windows XP.

Now from the Start menu I click on Programs, Virtual PC,
and Windows XP starts to load, but never finishes laoding
properly. What should I do?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Virtual PC Support Options
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/virtualpc/support/default.asp