XP SP2?

I just got a new computer with XP last week. I am wondering if I have the
SP2 as I have been waiting for the service pack in windows update. I had
auto update, but, turned it off when I read Norton said to download their
firewall update first. I have their update and have been waiting and
checking the windows update. Could the SP2 downloaded without me knowing
before I turned it off?

This is what I have when I typed WINVER:

Version 5.1 (Build 2600 xpsp2.030422-1633: Service Pack 1)

Donald McDaniel

I just got a new computer with XP last week. I am wondering if I have the
SP2 as I have been waiting for the service pack in windows update. I had
auto update, but, turned it off when I read Norton said to download their
firewall update first. I have their update and have been waiting and
checking the windows update. Could the SP2 downloaded without me knowing
before I turned it off?

This is what I have when I typed WINVER:

Version 5.1 (Build 2600 xpsp2.030422-1633: Service Pack 1)

Don't forget to turn Automatic Updates back on, or you will never get
it [unless you download the Network Install package -- a 266 mb file
(not to be attempted if you only have a modem connection)].

Donald L McDaniel
Keep the thread intact
Post reply to original newsgroup

Jupiter, Denny and Donald, thanks for your prompt replies.

Donald McDaniel said:
I just got a new computer with XP last week. I am wondering if I have the
SP2 as I have been waiting for the service pack in windows update. I had
auto update, but, turned it off when I read Norton said to download their
firewall update first. I have their update and have been waiting and
checking the windows update. Could the SP2 downloaded without me knowing
before I turned it off?

This is what I have when I typed WINVER:

Version 5.1 (Build 2600 xpsp2.030422-1633: Service Pack 1)

Don't forget to turn Automatic Updates back on, or you will never get
it [unless you download the Network Install package -- a 266 mb file
(not to be attempted if you only have a modem connection)].

Donald L McDaniel
Keep the thread intact
Post reply to original newsgroup

The Sec-RAT-ary

"Donald McDaniel" <[email protected]>
wrote in message RE: XP SP2

(snipped ...)
Don't forget to turn Automatic Updates back on, or you will never get
it [unless you download the Network Install package -- a 266 mb file
(not to be attempted if you only have a modem connection)].

Donald L McDaniel
Keep the thread intact
Post reply to original newsgroup

Considering the download size (266mb) and for those of us not on broadband,
would you know if XP SP2 will be available on CD-Rom ?

Regards ...

--

Dave
The Sec-RAT-ary

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Yes, see #1 on this link:

Also the size for Express will be significantly smaller.
The more updates you have installed, the smaller the download will be
if you use Automatic Update.

IIRC 60mb was at the low end.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]