XP Recovery Console

JAYESS

I'm attempting to start Windows using the CD so that I can repair the
NTFS.sys file. When I get to a logon screen, it asks for the Administrator
password. I've never needed the password in the six years I've had the
computer. The solutions I've seen require Windows to be running.

BillW50

In JAYESS typed on Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:25:01 -0700:
I'm attempting to start Windows using the CD so that I can repair the
NTFS.sys file. When I get to a logon screen, it asks for the
Administrator password. I've never needed the password in the six
years I've had the computer. The solutions I've seen require Windows
to be running. --
JAYESS

Did you try just hitting just the Enter key?

ju.c

If you're going to replace the "ntfs.sys" file using the
Recovery Console, why are you loading Windows?

ju.c

JAYESS

I checked the link and it looks like Windows has to be running. Trying to
boot from the CD and I encounter the PSWD requirement using the recovery
console. I tried just hitting the ENTER key.

Thanks.

JAYESS

Yes. Also tried some other entries. Unfortunately, the seller is no longer in
business.

Pegasus [MVP]

Google is your friend. Type
windows password
into a Google search box and you'll countless excellent suggestions.

Jose

Google is your friend. Type
windows password
into a Google search box and you'll countless excellent suggestions.

"JAYESS" <[email protected]> wrote in message

What is the exact error message you see?

Which of the countless endless suggestions are 100% effective with the
least amount of effort?

Pegasus [MVP]

Google is your friend. Type
windows password
into a Google search box and you'll countless excellent suggestions.

"JAYESS" <[email protected]> wrote in message

What is the exact error message you see?

Which of the countless endless suggestions are 100% effective with the
least amount of effort?

===============

It seems you are asking the OP one question and direct the other question to
me. I'll try to answer mine. The Nordahl boot disk/CD (which I overlooked in
Jayess' response) is 100% effective AFAIK and it does *not* rely on Windows
being up and running. This is why it's called a "Boot Disk".

Jose

What is the exact error message you see?

Which of the countless endless suggestions are 100% effective with the
least amount of effort?

It seems you are asking the OP one question and direct the other questionto
me. I'll try to answer mine. The Nordahl boot disk/CD (which I overlookedin
Jayess' response) is 100% effective AFAIK and it does *not* rely on Windows
being up and running. This is why it's called a "Boot Disk".

Thanks. I have that Nordahl information too.