XP Pro Install - can't find file 'asms'

Langdon Alger

I am still trying to install XP Pro, and now I get the message "The file
'asms' on Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1 CD is needed. Type the path..."

There is a folder on my install disc D:\i386\asms. Is this what it's
looking for? When I type that in for the path, it doesn't do anything...

Any ideas? I still don't know if this will just get me back to the 34
minute crashing point, but at least it's a different issue...

Thanks.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

"The file 'Asms' on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM is needed"
error message when you install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311755&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Langdon Alger" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

|I am still trying to install XP Pro, and now I get the message "The file
| 'asms' on Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1 CD is needed. Type the path..."
|
| There is a folder on my install disc D:\i386\asms. Is this what it's
| looking for? When I type that in for the path, it doesn't do anything...
|
| Any ideas? I still don't know if this will just get me back to the 34
| minute crashing point, but at least it's a different issue...
|
| Thanks.

Langdon Alger

Thanks, I will give it a shot once I get my hands on a 98SE disc...

Any idea if this is past the 34 minute crash issue, or will I still have
that to deal with???