XP Home changing IWAM account details

Reaction score
I have managed to install IIS on XP Home by changing some of the config settings so that the option was not hidden from List of available components. We have done this for various clients who need local websites on their XP Home PCs and it has worked fine.
However on my PC at home I have done the same thing and run into trouble. I can run .aspx pages but not .asp I get a HTTP 500 Internal Server error. I changed the security down to LOW and they ran so I was told that the problem was with the IWAM account and I should set it to have local admin rights.
However I am used to 2000 and cannot seem to be able to get to edit this account anywhere. My Users Console on Control Panael just shows 2 accounts Mine (Admin) and a Guest. If I go to add new account and add IWAM_[my laptop name] it says Account already exists. So how do I get to view it and how to get to edit it. My anon user account in IIS is set to IUSR_[my laptop] so I am not sure whether it is the IWAM or IUSR account I should be editing but anyhow I cant get to access rights and privelleges for either anyway.
Please can someone help me.
Thanks in advance

Rob

Ask a Question