XP doesn't recognise Kodak DC4800

G

I'm at the end of my tether with my Kodak DC4800 which I recieved as a gift with no CD
I've read on the net that XP should recognise the camera and automatically install it. M
computer (XP Home edition) only seems to have drivers for DC 200's. I connected the
camera using USB, started up the computer and got a message saying found new
hardware but no drivers are available to install the camera. I've tried Kodak.com as wel
as Microsoft but can't find any drivers for XP. Has anybody else had this problem?

G

Gary R.

I think you got some bad advice. The 4800 is not new enough to just plug in
and have it seen as a drive. You need the EasyShare software, and you can
download it from www.kodak.com. Click the support link, and go after
downloads for your camera. Don't bother looking for "drivers", that's not
what you need, you need the EasyShare software.

--
Gary
Photo Albums: www.pbase.com/roberthouse

Daniela said:
I'm at the end of my tether with my Kodak DC4800 which I recieved as a gift with no CD.
I've read on the net that XP should recognise the camera and automatically install it. My
computer (XP Home edition) only seems to have drivers for DC 200's. I connected the
camera using USB, started up the computer and got a message saying found new
hardware but no drivers are available to install the camera. I've tried Kodak.com as well
as Microsoft but can't find any drivers for XP. Has anybody else had this
problem?

G

I've downloaded the EasyShare software, which includes camera connection but it seems the camera still needs a drvier in order to be recognized.

Ask a Question