XP does not open instruction window

G

When I connected my Minolta Dimage Xi digital camera to transfer pictures to my computer a window "requesting instructions" would open. This no longer happens. I Removed & reinstalled the software that came with the camera, but this did not help. I called Minolta and after testing online they told me it was a Microsoft problem. In trying to solve this problem I may have inadvertently removed some Windows driver software. If this is the problem I need to know where and how to reinstall this driver software. My computer is a HP notebook Pavilion N5495 with 596 MB of Ram using a factory installed Microsoft Windows XP Home addition. I would appreciate any help offered. Thanks.

G

Here's a way to try,(I tried the other fixes listed,but no joy). Go to "my computor" make sure your camera is connected and switched on, and there are pictures ready to copy, right click on your camera driver , when the box appears don't select properties, just click, "autoplay". This worked for me, although the wizard still does'nt start automatically again afterwards when you come to use it, at least you will be able to transfer your pictures. Hope this will be of some help.

Ask a Question