    activex settings with working pc's to no avail. Supposedly firewall/proxy
    settings are open to 80/443 (verified several times).

    Ideas? Suggestions?

    Guest, Jun 17, 2005

    RDP connects via Port 3389. Ports 80 and 443 are HTTP/HTTPS which are only
    used to deliver the ActiveX Client and connection settings. You need to open
    port 3389 from the Internet to the private IP of the TS.
    --
    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

    Guest, Jun 20, 2005

    Try connecting directly via the Remote Desktop Client. If this works then
    your Remote Desktop Web Connection is not configured correctly.

    Guest, Jun 20, 2005

    I think you misunderstand or I did not fully explain. The user connects to a
    tsweb server and asks that server to connect to another server. The first
    server "talks" to the second server over port 3389, but the workstation
    "talks" to the second server over 443. The terminal server is configured
    correctly. We have several (20-30) other workstations that are able to user
    this connection as is. The biggest problem here is that we have no direct
    control of this workstation or the firewall/proxy. We have to communicate
    our needs to the local admins to care for problems and all "appears" to be
    configured properly on the workstation, firewalls, proxies.

    Guest, Jun 20, 2005

    If this is a single PC problem then I'd address the one computer. I'd
    probably tell you the same thing as the admin you're dealing with, it's a
    problem with the remote user's PC. Perhaps they have a firewall blocking
    traffic, or need their OS reinstalled.

    I refuse to deal with people's home computers as they take more time to
    troubleshoot than they're worth. Backup, clean-install, it'll work fine
    (assuming the ISP isn't blocking traffic).

    Guest, Jun 20, 2005