XP CD Burning

Paul Malbon

Hi All,

I'd just like to know if there is anyway of disabling windows XP's cd
burning? I would rather use nero's Incd to drag and drop etc, but cant find
any logical place to disable it.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Paul Malbon

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!

You see, I'm not a very logical person so that would have been the last
place I'd have looked!! I even had a quick look in the registry!!

So unchecking the the 'enable cd recording on this drive' check box under
recording on the drive properties, turns off the xp cd burning feature and
in effect, makes incd (or whatever has been installed) as the default drag,
drop and burn software!

Thanks very much for your assistance. I must start to learn to look at the
obvious more simple places first!!
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Any Logical Place? - how about the properties for the drive in My Comp.