Xda 1....toast

Reaction score
Can anyone help...I tried to do an update on my laptop but using Vista which will not download WM5. now my XDA will not do anything, the screen has frozen saying UPGRADING WILL TAKE 5 MINUTES DO NOT DISCONNECT has been like this for 24 hours. can anyone help or make any suggestions...this is a second hand XDA 1 & came only with a mains charger.

:wall:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What happens if you power off as normal? Does it switch back on ok?

Reaction score
Xda 1...toast

Hi, I switch on the power & it still says the same thing. If however I press The soft reset L& power button it loads as Bootloader screen but thats it.Any suggestions???

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The link Me__2001 posted above explains how to do it.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i think its safe to say you are the proud owner of a very expensive paper weight

only other real option is to call the manufacturer and hopefully send it back to be fixed

Reaction score
After attempting to start up your laptop and it doesn't run unplug it and plug it back in.Some laptops need to have a charge in the power supply before safety feature allow the circuit to turn on.The upgrade had obviously set the laptops bios in a way that it cannot run.The reset button you mentioned would have reset the bios to a preset setting.You may need a bootdisk that is compatable with your laptop.Another option would be to get Muckshifter to set the bios settings for you.Don't ever mess with the programming of a laptop without backing up 100% of the data.You may need it after you find out you may need a specail disk that may not be obtainable.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
JIM451 said:
After attempting to start up your laptop and it doesn't run unplug it and plug it back in.Some laptops need to have a charge in the power supply before safety feature allow the circuit to turn on.The upgrade had obviously set the laptops bios in a way that it cannot run.The reset button you mentioned would have reset the bios to a preset setting.You may need a bootdisk that is compatable with your laptop.Another option would be to get Muckshifter to set the bios settings for you.Don't ever mess with the programming of a laptop without backing up 100% of the data.You may need it after you find out you may need a specail disk that may not be obtainable.

this is no laptop!?

ok paula, been doing some scouting round the net and came across this site

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=268

although they talk about a wallaby its actually the XDA, they seem like a knowledgeable bunch so i'd sign up and ask them if anything can be done

Reaction score
hi, thanks for the help...I have taken a look & there may be a rescue for me, if not.... its a brick & I will throw it at next doors cat instead!!!

Ask a Question