Help!! Pocket PC (xda) upgrade failed and screen is frozen...

Reaction score
arghhh!!! My upgrade ended up as a disaster!!!

I cooked a PPC2003SE ROM for my xda from http://lumpistefan.dyndns.org/WM2003SE/form.php

The installation program then recognized my ROM as the latest 3.2, and my xda showed up a screen saying "Upgrading... It will take about 5 minutes. Warning: Do not eremove the USB/Serial connection or power adapter from the Pocket PC."

So I left it on, but after a while the program said it was unsuccessful because of some incompatibility... Now my xda is frozen on the same screen and no matter how many times I soft reset or hard reset it, the screen's just frozen, and having left there for a while with a long hard-reset, the screen now shows random lines... And now ActiveSync can't recognize it...

I tried using the SD card flashing method using the "xdatools" which I got hold of from Googling, but the xda didn't give any response. I've tried sticking the card in before I push the hard reset button again to turn it back on, or soft reset it with the card inside, etc and left it for about 20 minutes and no response. BTW the power button doesn't do anything. Basically I think the xda's lost everything... It's paralysed! I've only had it for a month as well! Please please please help me!!!

Here's a shot of the screen, if that's gonna help... :(

Attachments

• xda.JPG
    xda.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 215

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
what were you trying to achieve ? was there a problem with it before you started ?

the best techincal term i can think of is its well and truly buggered

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
what were you trying to achieve ? was there a problem with it before you started ?

the best techincal term i can think of is its well and truly buggered

I was trying to upgrade from 2002 to 2003SE, now i just want it to work again...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If a hard reset doesn't do it you might have to get it send back for a reflash :(

Ask a Question