Bargain Xbox 360 @ Play.com

Reaction score
s hit that is bad

dude you considered getting it 2nd hand?

I say you look into that you could get a decent deal

about 2 years ago I placed an order for a laptop with them and they did the same thing
but I got lucky cuz they gave me all the points on my nectar card lol

Reaction score
Rush - it is more than likely you got WPA not WEP if there is a way you can use WEP safely my wireless bridge will serve your purpose you'll get a bargain.

Otherwise I have seen that official wireless adapter for xbox go for £30 in December.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Said i would take my Girlfiend shopping tonight anyway, so she is gonna buy me one from GAME,

£189.99 with Gears Of War 1 & 2 and Halo 3, will trade those in straight away and get FarCry 2 and CoD WaW.

Am i right in thinking that if i get Left 4 Dead i can install the game on my HDD then give the disc to a mate and he can play of that and we can both play online??? or is Microsoft a bit cleverer than that?

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Am i right in thinking that if i get Left 4 Dead i can install the game on my HDD then give the disc to a mate and he can play of that and we can both play online??? or is Microsoft a bit cleverer than that?

Do you even need to ask? lol

You need a disk in the drive as it checks for it's presence before you play but does not spin it up.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I bought mine from gamestation and was gonna get Gears of war 1 and 2 bundled then immediately trade them in for Lara (Ok..wrong decision in hindsight) but was trying to cut costs :) ,but the helpful lady told me i would`nt get much for a trade in as the GoW come bundled in 1 box and if were seperate would trade for a lot more ...then again i took 19 games to them for trade in , various formats Psp, PS2, DS,Wii and they only offered me £27 and that 19 included Lara , Underworld DS and Indiana Jones lego wii :( , so told the guy to shove off.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Well i got it, went outside the shop opened the box went back in with a sealed Halo 3 and Gears of War 1 & 2, got £32, bought a charge and play thingy and FarCry 2.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
This is gonna be like when i first got COD4,

Must make an effort to goto bed.....

Reaction score
nice one

get onto live that game is fantastic on live :)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
That why i was up until 3am, still have 3 days left until i go back to work anyway.

Me name is the same on live but no _ inbetween, if you want to add me that is.

I'm not totaly crap but its gonna take some getting use to, lots easier for me to play it than on PC.

Reaction score
nice one mate add me up :)

Different ball game on xbox compared to PC. I'm more into sports games and Lara at the moment.

you done any parties yet with your mates?

Reaction score
If we get Rush in we could have a nice little call of duty party

But I need to improve significantly. :)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
All me mates have PS3 so stil play CoD4 with them, as none of them have bothered with WaW, but me bro and his flatmate both have it so will be on it with them, they are addicted to GoW2 atm.

Yeah come on Rush, get that shiny pink ethernet lead draped around the house
laughingsmiley.gif
The Mrs won't mind.

I must admit since i first had a 360 two and some years ago it has alot more features, all i could do with mine was rip cds, watch dvds and play games. No PC link, DivX, Xbox shop, downloadable media.

I think they have ripped alot of software of off Sony but at £120 cheaper for a bundle then i think i might be swayed to recommend the 360 over the PS3 as for me it was the media capabilities holding it back.

Tbh though WaW does look a bit more shiny and nice on the PS3 in 1080p.

And Its still abit of a rip off though as you need to buy all the add ons, like play & charge, wireless adaptor, hard drive £99 for 120Gb, robbery. Then £35 for 12 months online play, it all adds up.

Plus why £90 extra for a black one!!!! Its sooo stoopid, will i void the warranty if i paint mine?

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks guys, no pressure then :) ...£50 Mr gates urrrghhh ....

in 2 minds to get it :(

Ask a Question