X-Box Vs PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
V_R said:
And that changes the fan noise how? :confused:

yes and how much?

Ah yes £88
. lol Get a 500GB drive for the PS3 for less than that... (and thats a Sata 300 drive not a 150 ;) )

Standard 120GB HDD for the PS3 = £35.

Can you use a standard drive in the 360? No.

You have no argument tbh.

How easy is it to upgrade the PS3 hard drive?? This is how.... 2 minute job

:)

Oh and G~Man..
Open Source

Trust me the IDLE fan noise on the xbox is very silent. I'm sure from all your years you've seen me agitated by my pc noise you will know that means it isn't loud!

Can't beat your HDD price but I can say that you can use one particular WD 2.5 inch drive in the 360 if you know what you are doing!

Anyway I'm very happy with my xbox and I wouldn't change it for a PS3

Flopps I'm sure there are more than enough games on the xbox over the PS3. I've noticed some games are orientated for each console like big planet is for the PS3.

Reaction score
Sorry but I'm luvin my 360 Elite
Does 1080p,
It's got a 120Gb HD and as for replacing/changing it.... no need, my Terrabyte drive just plugs in to the USB.

Only thing that annoys atm is that there's no Final Fantasy, although I'm tempted to buy The Last Reminant (a FF clone made by Square for 360, Sony didn't like that too much :p )

Playin atm....
GoW2
Halo 3 (always revisiting this one)
Red Alert 3 (true... should have got it on PC, but it's not bad when u get used to it)
Tom Clancys End War (voice recognition gives it an interesting spin)
CoD 5 (tbh... prefered CoD 4)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Wow informative, do you want me to keep still so you can get your headshots on CoD5???

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is turning silly again....

Anyway, like i said i bought mine for media, i game on the grown ups console, the PC. :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
This is turning silly again....

Precisely. Which is why I've declined to comment further.

All I see is little kids slinging meaningless insults at each other, nothing really constructive.

To those contributing - put up or shut up or I'll close the thread.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Does anyone actually own both the consoles ??? , i have the Xbox 360 (60GB) but only coz it was cheaper...sole reason, It delivers precisely what i expected and the online side is excellent even though it costs !!, The PS3 would have to blow my mind to justify its extra £140 pricetag, but cheap Blue ray dvd players are that much so not bad really...I just find that if the PS3 goes belly up then so does the Blue-ray player. But the Xbox is renowned and prone to the ring of death but they are on there 3rd board so if yours was manufactured after November 12th 2008 you have the latest edition if not then just keep well cool ..It very much again is each to there own , wow i remember Nintendo vs Sega ..makes good competition :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's down to preference at the end of the day.

I prefer the 360's controllers, the exclusives and their live service

I could have got a PS3 but what would be the point in buying two consoles!? It took me ages to decide between the two consoles, I went for the xbox in the end, RROD was an issue for mr but microsoft are apparently really helpful if you get it, and repair it within two weeks!

Geo

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
It's down to preference at the end of the day.

I have to agree there, at the end of the day it is down to one's personal preference :p

To be honest I don't own either an Xbox or a PS3 :blush: I'd rather just use the money to upgrade my PC :p lol

But if I were to buy one, I'm not sure what I'd go for, I think they are both great gaming machines.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I said it was personal preference, and also what you are going to do with the system dictates what you will buy.

Ii'd like to see a game on the 360 that looks better than either GT5 or LittleBigPlanet on PS3

To expand on this.... My comments in RED

G~MAN said:
Fair enough man, but I bought 360 for the gaming not the media capabilities. I'm no fanboy but some of your points aren't true.

The elite has a bigger hard drive. Bigger than the standard one, and with a heavily inflated price too.
You can download and rent movies on xbox live = better for multimedia? Even on todays fastest BB (24mbps Be* for example) have you any idea how long that would take?
PS3 may be more powerful, but until I see a difference in games it doesn't really matter ... LittleBigPlanet and GT5 and at the mo are the 'best' of what the PS3 has to offer IMO. Both are visually stunning in 1080p, better than anything i've seen on my good friends 360, of which he has or had almost every game out there. lol
Xbox isnt 1080p yet, but will be when the next firmware date is released. PS3 is 1080p and Dolby TrueHD out of the box' And what about the users that dont/choose not to go online?
You can now download games to a harddrive which means there is no noise. Is the 360s DVD drive that loud too? :D I'm talking fan noise, but you install on the PS3 too, so your point is?
Dunno what opensource is, Sony will let you install ANY OS/programme on your PS3 without voiding the warranty.
Annnnnd reliability, no comment

Anyway, as i said i didn't by it for the gaming, i'd rather play online with a pc any day of the week. :thumb:

Reaction score
V_R said:
Fair enough man, but I bought 360 for the gaming not the media capabilities. I'm no fanboy but some of your points aren't true.

The elite has a bigger hard drive. Bigger than the standard one, and with a heavily inflated price too.
You can download and rent movies on xbox live = better for multimedia? Even on todays fastest BB (24mbps Be* for example) have you any idea how long that would take?
PS3 may be more powerful, but until I see a difference in games it doesn't really matter ... LittleBigPlanet and GT5 and at the mo are the 'best' of what the PS3 has to offer IMO. Both are visually stunning in 1080p, better than anything i've seen on my good friends 360, of which he has or had almost every game out there. lol
Xbox isnt 1080p yet, but will be when the next firmware date is released. PS3 is 1080p and Dolby TrueHD out of the box' And what about the users that dont/choose not to go online?
You can now download games to a harddrive which means there is no noise. Is the 360s DVD drive that loud too?
biggrin.gif
I'm talking fan noise, but you install on the PS3 too, so your point is?

Dunno what opensource is, Sony will let you install ANY OS/programme on your PS3 without voiding the warranty.
Annnnnd reliability, no comment

1) Bigger hard drive nonetheless, still cheaper than a ps3
2) Still the option is there
3) Cross platform games there are no difference, the choice between GT5 and Grid I would choose Grid every time. Does GT5 have damage to cars yet lol
4) You can download the xbox firmware updates on a PC
5) You commented on the noise of the xbox 360, not me. The fans make no noise on the 360, it is DVD drive which now has a fix if you download to the hard drive
6) Still not sure why you would want opensource that much, but it is better to have than not

;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
And in the red corner MR "PS3" V_R and in the blue corner MR G~man "Xbox360" , story of this thread really...people love their own choice and will justify or try to right to the hilt...at the end of the day your decision is your choice ...full stop :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
I prefer XBOX one, because the controller is so much more comfortable after long gaming periods, oh and by the way, i did use to be a sony man, Atleast after what was it, 3 years, Xbox changed up the design on the controller, sony couldn't even do that.

I prefer the online, xbox is known for having better online.

Graphics are the same, done loads of comparisons, nothing there, except the odd better lighting on xbox.

Gears of Wars 2 = owned :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i think we should cap this here as its just getting a little silly. So guys (Myself included) lets call it a day.

BTW, I've just installed a 500GB drive in my PS3. :)

Reaction score
I would rather choose PS3 than XBOX 360 for that matter as this is more reliable and as I has better quality(graphics) , and XBOX 360 has a limit on its gaming levels as well as the graphics.
And if anyone needs some cheats, I found one for PS3, got it from this site ... [mucks edit :wave: ]

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This is one thread that is not going to revived I'm afraid, so me lock thread.

And going by the news today, some folks will just kill for an X-Box ;)

next up:

PSP vs Nintendo Lite :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question