Reaction score
psd99 said:
lol don't go there!

add me on live :)

I will when I go home! I can't log in at uni halls

PSD99 is it? I think mine is JustGeo999

Reaction score
yes indeed :)

Get more people added and we should have a PCR XBOX 360 party :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I got a PS3 to go with my 37" Panny TV, 1080p goodness FTW. :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Fanboy much?

Your wrong btw. As i am a PC gamer, (the console kiddie gaming dont interest me) Gaming on the PS3 is not actually a top priority. :)

PS3 makes a good media centre
PS3 = bigger hard drive that can be easily upgraded.
PS3 is more powerful (We have not seen the full potential of it yet as its harder to code)
PS3 is 1080p Blu-Ray
PS3 does Dolby TrueHD
PS3 dont sound like a jet plane taking off. Which when watching a movie is a good thing.
PS3 is opensource. TVersity anyone? ;)
Im not even going to mention the 360's reliability issues. (1 Billion it cost them btw) lol

So they are the main reasons i chose PS3 over 360.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
Fanboy much?

Your wrong btw. As i am a PC gamer, (the console kiddie gaming dont interest me) Gaming on the PS3 is not actually a top priority. :)

PS3 is more powerful (We have not seen the full potential of it yet as its harder to code)
PS3 is 1080p Blu-Ray
PS3 does Dolby TrueHD
PS3 dont sound like a jet plane taking off. Which when watching a movie is a good thing.
Im not even going to mention the 360's reliability issues. (1 Billion it cost them btw) lol

Word :thumb:

End of argument, really :)

Reaction score
V_R said:
Fanboy much?

PS3 is 1080p Blu-Ray
PS3 does Dolby TrueHD

xbox no longer sounds like an aeroplane the NXE allows games to be copied to hard drive. SILENT gaming.

The overall multimedia capabilities are better on the PS3 and it is cheaper.

I believe xbox live gaming is brilliant, plus the game play itself feels better over the PS3 and remember most gaming companies chose the xbox to perform platform testing.

So enjoy your xbox g-man don't be put off :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
psd99 said:
xbox no longer sounds like an aeroplane the NXE allows games to be copied to hard drive. SILENT gaming.
Only if you get a new one, and how big is the drive? How much for a bigger one? PS3 uses a standard 2.5 disk = cheap. ;)

The overall multimedia capabilities are better on the PS3 and it is cheaper.

I believe xbox live gaming is brilliant, plus the game play itself feels better over the PS3 and remember most gaming companies chose the xbox to perform platform testing.

So enjoy your xbox g-man don't be put off :)
This is all personally opinion, But i didn't get the PS3 as a gaming machine.

Reaction score
V_R said:
Only if you get a new one, and how big is the drive? How much for a bigger one? PS3 uses a standard 2.5 disk = cheap. ;)

This is all personally opinion, But i didn't get the PS3 as a gaming machine.

Well it don't matter if you get a new xbox or old will have to upgrade it to the new xbox live experience.
I think it is rather good.

The biggest drive on the market for the 360 is 120gb at the moment and it is a 2.5 inch drive just like the PS3.

I got my old xbox for all multimedia functions. It is great for streaming and it will play most file types I've thrown at it too. It is wired to my network and connected to my PC.

:)

Reaction score
Fair enough man, but I bought 360 for the gaming not the media capabilities. I'm no fanboy but some of your points aren't true.

The elite has a bigger hard drive
You can download and rent movies on xbox live = better for multimedia?
PS3 may be more powerful, but untill I see a difference in games it doesn't really matter ...
Xbox isnt 1080p yet, but will be when the next firmware date is released
You can now download games to a harddrive which means there is no noise
Dunno what opensource is
Annnnnd reliability, no comment ;)

PSD - as for games I haveeeee

Fifa 09
GTA 4
Bioshock
Halo 3
Grid
Gears 2
COD 4
Pure

You?

Reaction score
I got a fair lot of games mate add me up to see 'em :)

out of your games you got I got them all except Grid, Pure and Halo3.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
psd99 said:
Well it don't matter if you get a new xbox or old will have to upgrade it to the new xbox live experience.
I think it is rather good.
And that changes the fan noise how? :confused:

The biggest drive on the market for the 360 is 120gb at the moment and it is a 2.5 inch drive just like the PS3.
yes and how much?

Ah yes £88
. lol Get a 500GB drive for the PS3 for less than that... (and thats a Sata 300 drive not a 150 ;) )

Standard 120GB HDD for the PS3 = £35.

Can you use a standard drive in the 360? No.

You have no argument tbh.

How easy is it to upgrade the PS3 hard drive?? This is how.... 2 minute job

:)

Oh and G~Man..
Open Source

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have been observing this thread.

V_R speak truth.

I'm rather keen for a link to show how many 'games developers' chose the X-Box as a testing platform as opposed to the PS3.

The only reason games developers would choose a console to develop games is so they can sell the console users over-priced games and make a nice fat profit. They really don't care how good or bad that console is, they just want your money.

What this whole argument comes down to is two things:

1) Budget. Choose PS3 for lots of money for a reliable mini-computer/console. Choose an X-Box for el cheapo and gamble it won't die.

2) Choice of games. No argument here. Gears Of War 2 roolz.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I can't believe this has started up again,

I think i have also read developers using the XBox as a development platform i think this is mainly because it was out for a year before the PS3 and it had a 3.2Ghz triple core processor before they became available for the PC.

I now have both after purchasing a bargain 360, mainly for Gears and Pro Evo, although i must admit since the firmware updates it is a much better media hub but not as good as the PS3 yet.

Yes games look better on my 1080p TV on the PS3.

They are both getting so close to eachother in terms of what they do, that although the PS3 is actually physically better (FACT) than the 360 it does come down to choice.

Oh and the PS3 fans are loud when gaming for an hour or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question