"wscript.exe - No Disk" error

Jose

Followed your advice and fixed the problem successfully.

Here is what I did:
1. Deletedkillvirus.vbs in system32.
2. In the Registry, Userinit had the value of:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,  C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\killvirus.vbs.
    Deleted everything after userinit.exe, as you advised.

In the process you introduced some very useful utilities to me. Thank
you so much for everything.

Of course, and thank goodness.

Everything makes perfect sense when things are understood!

I would recommend this ASAP:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.

boukmobile

Win XP SP3.After I eject a CD/DVD from my DVD drive or unmount an disk image from the Daemon Tools virtual drive, I get an error window with the title "wscript.exe - No Disk" and with the message " There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive (drive letter):". There are three buttons that I can click: Cancel, Try again, Continue. When I click any of these options, the error window closes but pops up again after an interval of approx. i minute. The only way I can close this window permanently is by rebooting the system.Can anybody help me with this please.Thanks in advance.-samah.

Solution that works for me: do a eject only with the drive properties. Using the drive button is what causes the problem for me on the CD drive anway. Not sure how this will work for a soft drive. Good luck.

elephent1000

Win XP SP3.

After I eject a CD/DVD from my DVD drive or unmount an disk image from
the Daemon Tools virtual drive, I get an error window with the title
"wscript.exe - No Disk" and with the message " There is no disk in the
drive. Please insert a disk into drive (drive letter):". There are three
buttons that I can click: Cancel, Try again, Continue. When I click any
of these options, the error window closes but pops up again after an
interval of approx. i minute. The only way I can close this window
permanently is by rebooting the system.

Can anybody help me with this please.

Thanks in advance.

-samah.

ing

Hot-Text

From: "Hot-Text" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: "create_vhd - Disk" No error
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 19:42:22 -0500

< http://www.daemon-tools.cc/support >

Home BB DAEMON Tools Ultra BB How-to video guide BB How to create a VHD?
How to create a VHD?
Learn how to create a virtual hard disk in DAEMON Tools Ultra:

< http://ultra.daemon-help.com/howto/create_vhd >