wrong user on xp for office aps

simon Richardson

Hi
I hope someone can help.
I have a second hand laptop which I bought from a
collegue.
It is running windows xp.
I re installed xp as I wanted to be the "named user" plus
the computer was full of files I didnt need.

Now I find when I try to open an office application eg
word or excel I get a message "You are not the registered
user please run office setup again." it then closes he
application.

I dont have the original office installion disk is there
a way round this problem?
any help appreceiated.
Simon

Lady Layla

Did you reinstall Office?

:
: Now I find when I try to open an office application eg
: word or excel I get a message "You are not the registered
: user please run office setup again." it then closes he
: application.
:
: I dont have the original office installion disk is there
: a way round this problem?
: any help appreceiated.
: Simon
:

Hi couldnt re install office as i dont have the
installation disks for office. I just re installed the xp
operating sys. It looks like office (which was already
installed before I aquired the machine)is looking for a
registration entry somewhere either as a seperate file?
or part of the registry itself?
trawled the registry but cannot see anything there.

thanks...

Lady Layla

Would not be in the registry as reinstalling the OS rewrites the registry. I
would ask the seller for the disks to the software on the computer

: Hi couldnt re install office as i dont have the
: installation disks for office. I just re installed the xp
: operating sys. It looks like office (which was already
: installed before I aquired the machine)is looking for a
: registration entry somewhere either as a seperate file?
: or part of the registry itself?
: trawled the registry but cannot see anything there.
:
: thanks...
: >"simon Richardson" <[email protected]>
: >:
: >: I dont have the original office installion disk is
: there
: >: a way round this problem?
: >: any help appreceiated.
: >: Simon