Would this work?

Reaction score
I know you're not suppose to have two anti-virus programs working at the same time, but what if one of them had Real-Time protection turned on and the other turned off?

The one turned off wouldn't interfere with the other one unless it were used...

Would that work?

Cause I want to have these running...

Kaspersky Anti-Virus
AVG Anti-Virus
Comodo Firewall
Spyware Doctor
Spyware Sweeper
Ad-Aware

AVG would have its Real-Time turned off... I need this because for a gaming glitch i'm using I have AVG as a bypass.

Edit: I'm running Windows XP Media Center

Last edited:
Reaction score
It may or may not cause a conflict running 2 AV programs on 1 PC.
1 AV program however may see the other as a potential threat & this could then cause a problem.

Reaction score
What if I completely exited AVG and only had Kaspersky running... then when I need to use AVG for bypass I do vice-versa?

Reaction score
megalison said:
What if I completely exited AVG and only had Kaspersky running... then when I need to use AVG for bypass I do vice-versa?
The only way to stop 1 seeing the other as a potential threat is to remove 1 totally from your PC!
You can take our advice or just try it & find out the hard way, it's up to you!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Suck it and see mate :)

To be honest, nobody would know for sure how they would react to each other, there are too many influential factors involved with individual setups.

So, go on - do it - and don't blame me if it explodes and your roof falls down :)

Reaction score
megalison said:
I think i'm gonna like this forum a lot... :D

Its a good place to be..A lot of good people on here that are dedicated to helping where they can, with a wide range of knowlege amongst them...(sounded like some major ar*e kissing didn't it..?)

Reaction score
Hmm... Someone just suggested that the guy who gave me this glitch/hack for my game may be trying to use AVG as a bypass in order to hack his customers. The guy said that AVG is easily hackable so therefore it only makes sense if the hacker wants to steal accounts etc. I seriously do'nt get how that works as I can't think of a way he'd be able to infect me with a keylogger without me clicking an encrypted link or having me open anything.

Any thoughts?

P.S: What format are keyloggers usually in? .dll?

Last edited:
Reaction score
megalison said:
Hmm... Someone just suggested that the guy who gave me this glitch/hack for my game may be trying to use AVG as a bypass in order to hack his customers. The guy said that AVG is easily hackable so therefore it only makes sense if the hacker wants to steal accounts etc. I seriously do'nt get how that works as I can't think of a way he'd be able to infect me with a keylogger without me clicking an encrypted link or having me open anything.

Any thoughts?

P.S: What format are keyloggers usually in? .dll?
As for using hacks they are
illegal & not something that anyone at this site would advise you to use.

As for your AV software ditch AVG if you think it may be possible for the person to get to your pc then i suggest you take our advice and use a better source of protection for your pc such as Kaspersky Internet Security.

Reaction score
Hacks that physically alter code cause legal issues with copyrights and EULAs, however hacks that work via addressing the memory area used by the game tend to only cause EULA issues.

However, yeah, it sounds like your being conned so don't bother with the AVG.... besides its bad for gaming.

Ask a Question