Word doc to Adobe pdf- any tutorials?

Bob

I am using Word 97, Win XP, Adobe Acrobat Pro 6. I have been experimenting
with turning a large document to pdf. Acrobat instals a drop box in Word
with a huge list of options to convert various Word headings and styles to
pdf links. But are there any tutorial sites that will tell me, item by item,
what result I will get from each of these options? What I would like to end
up with is a pdf in which the headings in the table of contents jump to the
corresponding section in the document, the headings in the tables of figures
and graphs jump to those figures or graphs, a cross reference in the text
to a figure jumps to that figure (and then back to the text), and clicking a
citation (inserted in the text using Endnote, Harvard format) jumps to the
full citation in the bibliography. So far, I can get a few of these results,
but not all.

Rob Schneider

Bob said:
I am using Word 97, Win XP, Adobe Acrobat Pro 6. I have been experimenting
with turning a large document to pdf. Acrobat instals a drop box in Word
with a huge list of options to convert various Word headings and styles to
pdf links. But are there any tutorial sites that will tell me, item by item,
what result I will get from each of these options? What I would like to end
up with is a pdf in which the headings in the table of contents jump to the
corresponding section in the document, the headings in the tables of figures
and graphs jump to those figures or graphs, a cross reference in the text
to a figure jumps to that figure (and then back to the text), and clicking a
citation (inserted in the text using Endnote, Harvard format) jumps to the
full citation in the bibliography. So far, I can get a few of these results,
but not all.

By default, it should do pretty much all that you expect. I assum
you've discovered the Menu: Adobe PDF in Word/Change Conversion
Settings, Tab: Bookmark and Tab: Word.

Your Word doc is based on Styles and has TOC included? I have
experience with TOC's and Heading styles working great. I've not
explored nor spot the Citation

I'm not aware of any tutorial sites. I have seen some books in the
larger bookstores which write about Adobe Acrobat 6.0. Seach Amazon for
"adobe acrobat" for some possible targets. Take a look at www.adobe.com
for supplementary documentation.

lostinspace

I am using Word 97, Win XP, Adobe Acrobat Pro 6. I have been experimenting
with turning a large document to pdf. Acrobat instals a drop box in Word
with a huge list of options to convert various Word headings and styles to
pdf links. But are there any tutorial sites that will tell me, item by item,
what result I will get from each of these options? What I would like to end
up with is a pdf in which the headings in the table of contents jump to the
corresponding section in the document, the headings in the tables of figures
and graphs jump to those figures or graphs, a cross reference in the text
to a figure jumps to that figure (and then back to the text), and clicking a
citation (inserted in the text using Endnote, Harvard format) jumps to the
full citation in the bibliography. So far, I can get a few of these results,
but not all.

You might also try here:
http://www.planetpdf.com/
http://www.planetpdf.com/asp/
http://www.pdfzone.com/
There might also be a Word Forum in the Acrobat Forums:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b2f2