Word automatically tabs back to the home ribbon

Drifter

After I get done using a tool in the Insert ribbon, Word automatically
tabs back to the home ribbon. This is tedious when I have multiple
things to insert such as shapes, text boxes, etc.

What I end up have to do is insert one thing, click the Insert ribbon
again, insert something else, click the Insert ribbon again, insert
something else, click the Insert ribbon again.... You can see how this
would get old quick.

I tried looking for preferences in the Word Options menu, but nothing
jumped out at me. Is there a configuration that I can set so that
once I click on a ribbon, Word stays there until I click otherwise?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
DrifterKona

Dawn Crosier, Word MVP

Unfortunately not that I have found. As soon as you start typing Word jumps
back to the Home tab. We complained about it in the Beta.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
After I get done using a tool in the Insert ribbon, Word automatically
tabs back to the home ribbon. This is tedious when I have multiple
things to insert such as shapes, text boxes, etc.

What I end up have to do is insert one thing, click the Insert ribbon
again, insert something else, click the Insert ribbon again, insert
something else, click the Insert ribbon again.... You can see how this
would get old quick.

I tried looking for preferences in the Word Options menu, but nothing
jumped out at me. Is there a configuration that I can set so that
once I click on a ribbon, Word stays there until I click otherwise?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
DrifterKona

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Drifter,

If you're inserting multiple shapes, such as text boxes or others, when you first go to insert one, right click on the shape you're
inserting and you can turn on 'Lock Drawing mode' to keep the Insert process tab in view.

==============
After I get done using a tool in the Insert ribbon, Word automatically
tabs back to the home ribbon. This is tedious when I have multiple
things to insert such as shapes, text boxes, etc.

What I end up have to do is insert one thing, click the Insert ribbon
again, insert something else, click the Insert ribbon again, insert
something else, click the Insert ribbon again.... You can see how this
would get old quick.

I tried looking for preferences in the Word Options menu, but nothing
jumped out at me. Is there a configuration that I can set so that
once I click on a ribbon, Word stays there until I click otherwise?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
DrifterKona >>
--

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Drifter,

To clarify the last message, you right click on the shape in the Gallery in the ribbon before you insert it to get to the
'Lock Drawing mode' . While in drawing mode you'll have a crosshair cursor. Hitting Esc turns off the mode lock.

You can also, while in the Ribbon shape gallery, right click on a shape, textbox, and add it to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) so
that you can add another without having to go back to the Insert tab each time while you're typing and you can remove it from the
QAT when done by right clicking on it in the QAT.

===============
<<"Bob Buckland ?:)" <75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com> wrote in message
[...]

Herb Tyson [MVP]

....and while in Lock Drawing mode, you can go back to the Shapes gallery and
click on different shapes. If you're used to clicking back in the document
to deselect the just-inserted shape, that will also turn Lock Drawing mode
off. It's a bit unnerving--since the expectation is that what you insert
will replace the selected shape--but it is possible to insert multiple and
different shapes. When doing this, I find that it's easiest to just go ahead
and insert willy-nilly, then worry about exact placement once all the needed
shapes have been inserted.