Word 2007 insufficient memory error

Michelle

I have a word 2007 file that is 3.27 MB I am running Windows XP Pro sp 3 and
for some reason I get an insufficient memory error when I go to edit/add
comments to this file.
Any ideas why or how to fix this issue?

grammatim

Has it been a while since you manually Saved? or closed and reopened
the document? It's got to remember all those Undo's. And, can you work
in Normal (whatever it's called these days) rather than Print view?

Michelle

It runs auto save every 5 minutes, and should I have to open and close the
document often that seems a bit odd.

StevenM

Michelle,

For what its worth, auto-save with "allow fast saves" checked is not the
same as a full save (which would happen if you closed and opened the file).
But aside from that little tidbit, your problem is beyond my knowledge.

Steven Craig Miller

StevenM

To: Graham Mayor,

So, if I'm understanding this correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong).

(1) "Save AutoRecovery info every x mins" only saves recovery information
(in .asd files usually in someother folder) .

(2) When "Allow Fast Saves" is checked, a fast save takes place when a file
is saved by the user (e.g. File -> Save or clicking on the diskette icon)
while still working on the file. During a "fast save," changes are added to
the end of the document file, often making the file much larger.

(3) Full saves take place when the user saves the document (e.g. File ->
Save or clicking on the diskette icon) and "Fast Saves" is not checked.

(4) When one closes a document, a full save always takes place.

Yes?

Steven Craig Miller

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Steven,

The Fast saves 'feature' was removed from Office 2007 :)

Word 2007 uses a 'lifeboat' processor to try to save a document in case of a lockup or a crash, but yes, the Autorecovery .asd files
are interim safety/temp files between saves. For Word 2007 some folks have no trouble reopening .ASD files in Word, others are not
able to do so, but the cause of that difference hasn't been determined, I don't think.

On closing a file hopefully the result is a saved file rather than a lockup ;)

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Michelle,

Is it on just the document that you get this? Was this document one you're opening from an email or web page directly (not
recommended)? Is the document one you created in Word 2007 or in an older version?

It's possible that it's corrupted or that you can get this message from an add-in or from having a full Internet temp cache, or a
printer issue, among other causes.