    When I try to save or access a file in a folder, the OPEN window says not
    responding and if you close the open window it completely closes word. I can
    access files from My Documents in the start window.

    Guest, Apr 24, 2006

  2. See: You may experience problems in Windows Explorer or in the Windows shell
    after you install security update MS06-015
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

    If you aren't comfortable with editing the Windows registry yourself, then
    go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to Item
    No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software - Fix". Download and run
    the script to automatically modify your registry as described in KB918165.
    You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus program in order to run
    the script.

    A revised version of the update is supposed to be released on Tuesday, April
    25, to fix these problems.
    --
    Charles Kenyon

    from my ignorance and your wisdom.

    Charles Kenyon, Apr 24, 2006

    HUGE help Charles! Can't believe I struggled for days to try and SAVE
    important doc's and thought something snuck through my firewall/antivirus.
    How frustrating. Stumbled on your post and voila!, I downloaded the fix and
    it's fixed. I'm back to saving again. Hallelujah! The stuff I was working
    on was crucial...a speech and my husbands transfer application. You're my
    hero for this month! Glad to know there are helpful people out there in
    cyberspace.
    Thank you, thank you....Grace

    Guest, Apr 25, 2006
  4. Glad to have been able to pass the information on to you.

    Charles Kenyon, Apr 25, 2006

    Guest, Apr 26, 2006

    Guest, Apr 26, 2006
  7. The problem is the interface of Windows XP and certain third-party software.
    It then locks up when certain Office programs try to use code that the
    third-party software has locked up. It seems to be causing problems in most
    Office programs regardless of Office version.

    A revised version of the MS06-015 update was released today that
    supposedly interacts better with the older HP and nVidia
    software. You can download the revised update from
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-015.mspx.

    Some people may suggest that you uninstall the MS06-015 update, or rename
    the c:\windows\system32\verclsid.exe file. Doing either of these things
    will leave your computer vulnerable to the security issue described at
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-015.mspx. You should
    only uninstall these if the revised patch causes the same problems and the
    registry edit doesn't help.

    For the latest info, see http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/default.aspx.

    The text of this message was lifted verbatim from other posts, primarily
    those of garfield-n-odie.

    Charles Kenyon, Apr 26, 2006

    I am experiencing the same difficulties in Word And Excell but my HP software
    does not seem to be the problem as the MS06-015 update has not solved the
    problem. I am running on Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2002, Service pack
    2 and I installed Office XP Professional 2002 after purchasing the computer
    about 6 months ago. The trouble seemed to start after the initial security
    update though. Could it be some other software causing the problem? I
    really thought the MS06-015 update would work but now I am at a complete loss.

    Guest, May 13, 2006