Word Word 2002 problem

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm using Word 2002 service pack 3 on my computer at work. I occasionally need to produce posters with pictures and wording put into a text box over the picture. After I save the document then open it up again the picture is usually out of line with the text box. When I try to re-align the picture, or the text box, the outline of the picture (or text box) is in the right place but the actual picture (or text box) is positioned away from the outline. This makes it virtually impossible to work on the document. Any ideas why it's doing this please?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
try creating a new document with the image and text box only. align it the way you want and see what happens. it could be a spacing thing. autoformat could be playing an issue.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried starting all over again with it. It seems when I go to format the picture (or text box) and alter the layout, that's when it throws the whole thing out.

If it's something to do with the auotformat, how would I change that.

It's very frustrating!!

Reaction score
Thanks again for your reply.

I've tried changing all sorts of things with the autoformatting, but sadly to no avail!

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
maybe a resize or re-work of the image. try a different format. PNG instead of JPG.

Margins and the like may need to be adjusted if you cannot change the size parameters.

Ask a Question