WMPLAYER Problem psd99

Reaction score
hello all

Right here is the problem:

It is regarding Windows Media Player 10.
Recently I brought some music VCD's. Just say that there was 10 songs on a CD and I was watching song 1 and halfway through song 1 i decided that I wanted to watch Song 2, if i directly click onto song 2, windows media player will freeze and become unresponsive and I will have to endtask manually.

So lets go back again, if i was watching song1 and I wanted to watch song2 first I would have to PAUSE song one or STOP song one and then click onto song 2. does that make sense to you? this is becoming really annoying.

Whether I am watching a film and want to watch another I can not click direcectly onto the new film I would have to pause or stop the current film.
But I do notice that with MP3's and songs I do not need to do this i can directly click onto the new song. But however If i wanted to go from a video to a song then again I would have to pause or stop the video first.

So it seems its a problem with videos whther its SVCD VCD, mpg, wmf, the lot seem to cause a problem.

I was thinking of solutions one was to reinstall windows media player but I do not want to do this just yet as I have TOO MANY AUDIO FILES to consider this I have a massssive cd collection which is saved onto my PC!

So has anyone experienced this problem before? Its getting to me right now,
do u have any suggestions as to how I could resolve this problem?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i get a problem like that when i change from playing a video or streaming the radio to my mp3's, it sort of hangs then carries on like normal but its fine if i stop the video or radio first

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
i get a problem like that when i change from playing a video or streaming the radio to my mp3's, it sort of hangs then carries on like normal but its fine if i stop the video or radio first

this dont happen on my other pcs its just this damned one!

its annoying isnt it!?

Ask a Question