Which piece of music or song you would love to wake up to?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The other day I had set-up my bedside alarm clock to play the radio at the designated time, I was pleasantly surprised that at the very very precice moment the song "Morning has broken" started to play. I have always loved this song and it happens to be my favourite Cat Stevens song. I felt so good that it did not take me long to get out of bed and feel energized somehow. Normally if I use the buzzer, I would end-up using the snooze button a few times before actually getting out of bed. Lazy me! :lol:

If you had an alarm and were able to set up a recording to wake up to like an alam clock with a built-in cd player/MP3 player, which song/music would you ideally like to wake up to to start your day?

Here are my top two choices

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Every single morning I wake up to Lionel Richie - You to me are everything (well there the lyrics). It was the only song on my phone when I got it off me dad, so it works :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Every single morning I wake up to Lionel Richie - You to me are everything (well there the lyrics). It was the only song on my phone when I got it off me dad, so it works :)

I hope I am wrong but the song you mentioned was a very big hit for "The real thing" and I really loved that song as a young lad, even today it brings back those fond memories. I never knew Lional Ritchie did the song too.

Here is the one I remember.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm exactly the same, I usually snooze a few times before getting up. In fact I purposefully set my alarm earlier than it needs to be to allow for extra snooze time :) I think it makes me feel more like I'm getting a lie in for some reason.

I remember Ian once playing a song from the Lion King to wake me up - it did the trick and I had a big grin on my face :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I hope I am wrong but the song you mentioned was a very big hit for "The real thing" and I really loved that song as a young lad, even today it brings back those fond memories. I never knew Lional Ritchie did the song too.

Thats the one, every morning for the past 3 years that's woke me up on my old nokia :blush:.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I do sometimes set this to wake up to, I got one of them iHome clock radios with iPod dock - luvvit :) It takes a while to get going which is what I like about it, eases you awake gently

I set the alarm for the whole Caravanserai album, that one's just the beginning,

And sometimes this one, just for a change here's a semi-orchestral version:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I'm exactly the same, I usually snooze a few times before getting up. In fact I purposefully set my alarm earlier than it needs to be to allow for extra snooze time :) I think it makes me feel more like I'm getting a lie in for some reason.

I remember Ian once playing a song from the Lion King to wake me up - it did the trick and I had a big grin on my face :D

Well nice to know we have one more thing in common ;)

That Lion King song sure would bring a grin on anyones face, it is a great theme song from my favourite animated movie. I must have watched that movie a 100 times if not more with my kids, who were 3 and 6 at the time of the movie release. :nod:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Thats the one, every morning for the past 3 years that's woke me up on my old nokia :blush:.

Since you mentioned this song yesterday I listened to it three times in a row :) Beautiful song!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I do sometimes set this to wake up to, I got one of them iHome clock radios with iPod dock - luvvit :) It takes a while to get going which is what I like about it, eases you awake gently

I set the alarm for the whole Caravanserai album, that one's just the beginning,

And sometimes this one, just for a change here's a semi-orchestral version:

Great choices there as always, "Have you ever seen the rain" has so many good versions which deserve a listen on their own merit, every artist that I know of did it by putting their stamp on the song. Here are some of them that I can recall:

CCR (probably the most widely known)
Rod Stewart
Boney M
Spin Doctors
Bonnie Tyler
REM
Smokie

I may be forgetting some.

Ask a Question