Windows XP Wireless network adapter properties...

Reaction score
Hi... Im using a Aztech Wireless 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor... Ive been searching around in the control panel, network connections section to try to change my network adapter's settings... I right click on my adaptor and then properties, then i click on configure... Under the advanced tab, there are two sections, property and value... Looks somethin like this:

Property:
Ad Hoc 802.11b/g Channel
Ad Hoc Mode
PSPXLinkMode
Wireless Mode 2.4GHz

Whats the purpose of this configurations? And what settings can make my internet more efficient and faster?

Reaction score
These settings alter the way the wireless adaptor work, these can sometimes help configure the adaptor for better performance or to help connect to a specific network / router etc. They can also stop your adaptor connecting to the network full stop. I would probably say that if it is working, then leave it be. The only thing that could really make a difference is the Ad-Hoc 802.11B/G channel option, this is normally set to 'B' only(in my experience) which means it will only look at connecting at 11MBP/s, if you use the drop down there should be an option to select either B or G network which would then look to connect at 54MBP/s if your router allowed it. Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Ask a Question